Recent posts

by pcrussell50
17 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1367
Views: 190665

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

Rotary pumps can be loud too, but a different kind of sound less irritating than a vibe pump. Mine is silent mostly because my pump is done like commercial machines... Which means it is away from the machine, and under the kitchen sink, with the softener. It's also buried by a bunch of junk my wife keeps under there, but
by Jake_G
30 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 10
Views: 228

Olympia Cremina lever questions after group gasket replacement

Can you explain what it means to use the finest setting on the Kony? The threaded grind adjustment collar may have a stop screw inserted from the top that is keeping it from going fine enough. If it does, you'll need to loosen that screw and adjust the grinder finer. Cheers! - Jake
Advertisement
by Jeff
43 minutes ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 22
Views: 557

Water, no scale? no corrosion? For reservoir espresso machines

Watch the containers on the shelf. Near San Francisco I've found both the "good" and "not so good" sources intermingled on the same shelf. I used CG for a while, then shifted to distilled from Whole Foods at $0.49 / gallon using one-gallon glass jugs with polyseal caps. With 1000 ppm concentrates for GH and KH I can custom mix
by jeffreylam98
48 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 15
Views: 855

Mazzer Philos Comments

I'm so looking forward to it ! Is it way quieter than the version reviewed on YouTube ? Does it stall ?
by drgary
57 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 134
Views: 4521

Humidity sensor on exhaust - other gas sensors ?

In Rob's case, I don't think so. He is concerned with inlet temperature not being excessive and manages that with high airflow to distribute heat through the roasting chamber. In my fluid bed roaster, I don't do a maximum load so that the air will freely circulate through the bean mass. With my 1 Kg drum roaster, I have
by DenisEAF
1 hour ago
Replies: 134
Views: 4521

Humidity sensor on exhaust - other gas sensors ?

I know his work and even got that pdf some time ago. I can see someone using 100% air when he roasts a smaller batch size and for my unit too that seems to work better, but if I fill it to max or almost max the lower air setting works better. The reason behind Rob and Rao and
by drgary
1 hour ago
Replies: 6
Views: 230

Yoshan DY-1 tipping

You might also set the air flow at maximum so that roasting temperature is spread through the roasting chamber. That's what I've done with a North TJ-067 1 Kg propane roaster. I start with the highest power setting when the beans are most able to absorb heat and bring it back throughout the roast. I think that Rob Hoos in
by pablobell
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 2246
Views: 221013

Lelit Bianca User Experience

That's the correct part, although I only paid $27 USD for it last October
by nemesiss45
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 7

What is this part... Fiorenzato Bricoletta

I picked up a non-functional Fiorenzato Bricoletta to repair, and I started tearing it down to clean it before really digging into the problem... and I don't recognize this part. I did a quick browse on espressoparts.com to see if I could visually match it, but had no luck. I have mostly worked on older machines from the early 90s