Recent Posts

by cmin, 37 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 8 Views: 139

La Marzocco GS3 MP or Slayer vs any E61 double boiler PID espresso machine with a Flow Control Device installed

At least with the Slayer it's PI system is unmatched unless your modded (needle and gear pump mods etc). An E61 w/ FC device sure as heck isn't even coming remotley close to that lol. It'll let you set the needle valve at whatever X flow point and when going to pre-brew mode allows that at full pressure, that's what
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz, 44 minutes ago in Buying Advice

La Marzocco GS3 MP or Slayer vs any E61 double boiler PID espresso machine with a Flow Control Device installed

As others have said try before you buy if you can. I assume you are talking about a single group Slayer. The flexibility to adjust on the Slayer is excellent. The single group is built around slowing the water flow. Even the stock basket IMS does for them slows the flow. I think many people
by jlw, Today, 8:31 am in Grinders
Replies: 407 Views: 54154

Lagom P100

How is the workflow going back and forth between the two?
by drH, Today, 8:28 am in Buying Advice

Is your experience with the GS3 dependent on the flow profiling features or would you say that even the AV would deliver superior shots bc of temperature stability and water delivery?
by Quester, Today, 8:23 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 128

Cheap coffee scales - any to beware of?

Response time is one of the biggest factors for me. I didn't see it listed on the aliexpress page
by erik82, Today, 8:12 am in Buying Advice

No confirmation bias here. I really wanted the Bianca (already put the Strietman up for sale) but after testing it it just couldn't even come close so quite the opposite of confrmation bias. Same for the GS3 as I do want one but it's a bit better then the Strietman for a lot more money
by JRising, Today, 8:10 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5 Views: 66

Rocket Appartamento shuts off after two minutes

Details, man! You mean the the machine stops brewing at the 2 minute mark? Yes. It does. I thought your machine was turning off after 2 minutes of being on.You didn't say that the pump was running. The machine protects its little ulka pump that isn't supposed to be run for more than 60 seconds straight
by JRising, Today, 8:01 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5 Views: 51

ECM Synchronika pump ramp up noise normal?

If there's any sort of restriction on the inlet side of the pump, you have to make sure it's not too restrictive. It has to easily pass as much water as the pump is able to move. The pump WILL move as much as it is able to pass through the downstream restrictors, with the flow control wide
by boren, Today, 7:50 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 435 Views: 60124

Lelit Elizabeth Owner Experience

So it's only related to the steam boiler not the brewing boiler? That's unfortunate. It would have been great if water would only be replenished while the machine is not brewing espresso, to completely prevent cold water from the tank from impacting brewing temperature
by luvmy40, Today, 6:25 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 128

Cheap coffee scales - any to beware of?

I just bought this one, but I haven't even unboxed it yet. {link} I have been using this one for several years now when travelling, Maybe 30% of the last 2 years?{link} It has survived airline baggage handlers and being, occasionally doused with hot or cold water. After one flooding, the display did go wonky until it dried out