Recent Posts

by Peter_SVK, 9 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1747 Views: 207800

Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O)

Yes, the design of the declumper has the influence, obviously (I have the original one with two kidney-shaped holes). And the shape of the inner chute as well, some sort of the deflector in grinding path would help too, but would increase the retention, so the design is a compromise (how good, it depends on the designer
by tbb, 12 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 170 Views: 16304

Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience

For pour-over (V60, Kalita) I am usually in the 7.0-7.5 range. My dial button is calibrated to burr rub just below the scale. It sounds like a good idea to try a few different beans
by drgary, 13 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 41

Stradivari pavoni fixed known issues to find new issues.

Here's a trick learned from Christopher Cara. Use something softer than the metal, say a wooden mallet. Give it a rap, not a hard blow. It'll likely stop hissing, as easy as that
by SonVolt, 20 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 8 Views: 231

Assuming scale. How bad does this look?

Thanks everyone. So if my mushroom has this much scale and/or copper corrosion, does this mean my boilers, water lines and inside of my steam wand will be equally bad? Or does it not work that way?
by Agathorn, 21 minutes ago in Grinders

Its not just that it's bitter. It really taste bad overall. Could it be that the grinder shows the flaws in the coffee that my old grinder doesnt? Its coffee that I roast myself with the ikawa home roaster. Using ikawas own green beans and their own roasting profiles. Ill roast some more of other beans and experiment with. And
by sandc, 31 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 104 Views: 8047

ITO/Leva! Controller - Q&A + Experience

The leva! firmware does pressure profiling with 50hz or 60hz mains power just fine. The power frequency is automatically detected and displayed in the menu. The one thing that US users must consider is that they require thicker power leads due to 110VAC (they must choose 1.5mm², not 1.0mm²). Lower mains voltage means higher currents in appliances to achieve the
by Alan, 36 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 5 Views: 115

Blue Bottle coffee beans larger volume?

They also recommend 201.5F (94.2C) for the temp, which is higher than I normally go as well. I'm normally around 195F
by Alan, 39 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 5 Views: 115

Blue Bottle coffee beans larger volume?

Thanks! I used their contact form to ask if it was a typo, but your response makes perfect sense. I'll give their ratio a try and see how it goes
by tbb, 45 minutes ago in Grinders

Assuming all other parameters are the same, the standard reply would be that you should grind coarser if your brews are too bitter
by ajs, 49 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 9 Views: 354

Olympia Cremina SL Chrome Flaking Issue

I had exactly the same issue, and it started the same as your pictures show. Cremina (non-SL) group, manufactured immediately following the 2020 summer factory shutdown, which is coincidentally also when SL production commenced. The issue presented within a few months, if I recall. The vendor contacted Olympia, who shipped a replacement group. When it arrived the vendor swapped it