Recent Posts

by tompoland, less than a minute ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 365 Views: 23728

User Experience with the Strietman CT2

BTW that has not been my experience of the Decent. Certainly not when using Scott Rao's Blooming Espresso preset. It produces shots as thick and full-bodied as I've ever had. Just my experience of course
by tompoland, 5 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 365 Views: 23728

User Experience with the Strietman CT2

Definitely not
by mwood77, 14 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 0 Views: 4

DIY PID - Koffie Project

Hi all, I've been working on an open source PID controller for espresso machines - "Koffie." What I've got so far is a solid, easy to use, and affordable PID ($60 USD in parts) that's generic enough to install into most espresso machines. However, I'd like to continue building on this and make it a great fully-featured device
by iPa64, Today, 3:52 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 13 Views: 642

New in roasting, how to understand the graph

Hi, very interesting I have the same roasted than you in fact the previous model D350G I have just made my first roast monitored with artisan, I was a bit overloaded by evens, but very fun. [youtube] {video}[/youtube]
by mixespresso, Today, 3:38 am in Coffees
Replies: 0 Views: 22

Buying discounted beans 6-8 weeks past the roasting date. Good/bad idea?

Hi all, I buy my coffee from a local roaster and, every now and again, they sell coffee beans 4-6 weeks past the roasting date at a 20-25% discount. I know this is a highly debatable topic but, if coffee is best enjoyed 3 months within the roasting date, that still gives you a 6-8 weeks window of
by Marmot, Today, 3:37 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 30

Choosing a reliable dual boiler machine in Doha, Qatar

I think there is an Alex Duetto for sale on coffee forums uk. I would rather get a quality machine like that used than one of the three you mentioned if the price was about the same. Of course it would need a bit more counter space
by passenger42, Today, 3:04 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 30

Choosing a reliable dual boiler machine in Doha, Qatar

Hi Everyone, I am a new member but long time reader of the forum. Thanks to all the contributors over the years who have guided me on my espresso journey. I am posting for the first time because while I have many of the same question as others on the forum my geographical location makes my choices a
by coffeemerchant, Today, 2:59 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 619 Views: 53951

Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype)

{link} Then when in the server, go to #lever-machines (channel) > odyssey-argos (thread)
by Marmot, Today, 2:39 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 12 Views: 291

First espresso machine - high end single boiler or low end double?

I didn't know about the preheating of brew water on the Elizabeth. It's good to know they work on these kind of problems. It's a bit of a gamble to choose a machine now wwithout knowing if your wife will enjoy using it or how much you are willing to experiment with it. Another solution I can
by GDM528, Today, 2:33 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 34 Views: 875

Ikawa Home thermal performance

May not have a probe buried inside an actual bean, but I can infer a lot based on how it influences the environment around it. For example, I can get pretty close to the temperature of an ice cube by stirring a bunch of them in water and measuring the water temperature. I make a similar inference by