Recent Posts

by Dennis Hurt, 4 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5 Views: 165

My new old espresso machine. Need help for restoration, if it is possible

Thanks for the nice, very detailed informative and helpful suggestion
by Dennis Hurt, 9 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 16 Views: 180

How to fix the water (alkalinity too high)

To lower pH and total alkalinity, use a strong acid such as muriatic acid, sulfuric acid, or sodium bisulfate. These acids lower both pH and TA, but at different rates. It is necessary to use a water test kit that gives you accurate readings. it should be pour little by little
by Ken5, 15 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4407 Views: 335202

Cafelat Robot User Experience

There is not right or wrong answer about the gauge obviously. I got the robot a while ago and I got the barista model and I am glad that I did. After using it for all this time I still look at it, but that is my personality, but I could get by without it at this point. I would
by jpender, 25 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5 Views: 47

1Zpresso Q2 grip mod

A very well put together series of posts. Thank you for demonstrating with so much detail how easy it is to remove the material. One thing: Scoring it (as I did) isn't necessary as there is already a seam that could be used to begin peeling it off. But it's not very grippy. Isn't that it's primary function?
by bringyoutomyhell, Today, 12:29 pm in Lever Espresso Machines

The gauge is not needed, but it helps in understanding what goes wrong when the shot is not what it should. A 6 bar shot can be very different to an 8 bar shot, especially with light roasts, but it's hard to "feel" the difference in the hands. The difference is so minimal that I would get the gauge anyway
by Miltonedgebert, Today, 12:23 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5 Views: 47

1Zpresso Q2 grip mod

Yeah, I couldn't find my edge finishing stuff, so I just decided to let my skin oils take care of it over time instead of digging through more boxes. I'm more irritated by my lack of attention to the stitching. I'm honestly impressed by the stock material. I tried tearing it and couldn't, even using
by bgnome, Today, 12:22 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 31

La Cimbali Eleva

She's definitely a beauty! Thanks for sharing
by DamianWarS, Today, 12:22 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 589 Views: 45463

Flair 58

Even with the fluffyest grounds you can still get density differences in the puck. WDT doesn't just get rid of the clumps it evens the bed of coffee so it's all the same
by Morseman, Today, 12:19 pm in Lever Espresso Machines

I'm a newby and still working to get the best possible result from my Robot, so I don't have all the answers. However, re: the pressure gauge - for two reasons, I would not get it if I were to replace my Robot. First, it's difficult to accurately read the pressure gauge while pulling the shot and accurately
by baldheadracing, Today, 12:17 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 25 Views: 565

New or vintage Elektra?

I've pushed pre-infusion as far as a minute but didn't like the results. I don't know why, as the temperature profile also changes with the longer time. (Also, for light roasts, I prefer the group to be hot.)