Recent Posts

by JRising, less than a minute ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 9

Boiler and Coffee Cup Heaters on Monza 5010 not heating

And if you ground the boiler fill probe, the pump doesn't stop? It's not just the machine trying and failing to fill the boiler before turning on the heaters?
by Tacit37, 1 minute ago in Coffees
Replies: 0 Views: 0

Lean Hammer vs Crème Dolce by Dragonfly

I finally got a chance to try Dragonfly coffee after reading so much about them. I bought 3 types of beans from them. I was actually surprised that Crème Dolce was kind of just good to me, and the one that stood out was Lean Hammer. Anyone else have this experience? I'm learning how to articulate what makes
by jasongcasale, 7 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 3 Views: 63

Espresso Vivace parameters?

sorry friend sorry it is not working out for you.. It works for me in those parameters. Maybe you got a bad batch or something who knows. Apologies
by slaughter, 8 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 14 Views: 180

Lelit Bianca - during startup LCC turns off as soon as brew boiler reaches 130 degrees Celsius

Hi All. I would like to post a follow up of my issue. After extensive discussions with Lelit about the guarantee coverage, they said I should talk to my reseller and only him can decide if he will cover it under the guarantee or not. Their suggestion was to replace the temperature probe and the two thermostats from
by Ahmad H., 24 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 50

La Marzocco Linea Mini - attach temperature display

Would be nice to show how you set it up. This is great if it shows the temp accurately
by F1, 30 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 3 Views: 63

Espresso Vivace parameters?

Tried today a finer grind to get the extraction in30 to 35 secs. at 203F. Brew pressure was already set at 8bar. 18g in and tried 18g out, 20g out and 22g out. It was the worst so far. It was like drinking gasoline. I had to drink a glass of cold milk to get the flavor out
by AZRich, 44 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 2 Views: 44

Any recommended water recipes with epsom salt and potassium bicarbonate?

See the Barista Hustle water recipe(s) on their website. : {link} For me with a scale that has 0.01g resolution, it was easier to do the simple arithmetic to find the correct amounts to add directly, and skip the 2 bottles of concentrate
by Jake_G, 59 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 5 Views: 115

Volumetrics on GS3 make a happy wife? Or just buy the La Marzocco Linea Mini?

I'm running the Lucca Atom 75 alongside the GS/3 right now and one of the things I'm evaluating is Heidi's experience in using the two. Volumetrics are nice. I'm weighing the output as a function of grinder evaluation, but otherwise the workflow would be as follows:[List]
  • Remove Portafilter * Click portafilter into Lucca once to wake up
  • by Ron_L, Today, 8:27 am in Buy/Sell
    Replies: 1 Views: 368

[FS] Stainless Steel Propane 1 lb. Sonofresco Coffee Roaster - Price Uodate!

Price update!
    by Satchmo780, Today, 8:15 am in Buying Advice
    Replies: 5 Views: 115

Volumetrics on GS3 make a happy wife? Or just buy the La Marzocco Linea Mini?

This would seem to be a big drawback that I think OP has overlooked. Also, I wonder if improving the current setup with a better grinder, and more importantly better beans, would get them closer to the cafe style drinks they crave. I was able to get consistently good espresso and milk with a PID Silvia.