Recent Posts

by Kskotte, 27 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 6

New La Marzocco GS3 MP - "new" smell

Hi all, Finally! After many years of looking at the LM GS3 I decided to buy the machine and what a machine, this really rocks I had the machine for 4 weeks now and I have a little issue that I hope someone can help me with. There is a "new" smell coming from the machine, quite intense and when...
by roosterben, Today, 2:06 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 6 Views: 84

1Zpresso JX Pro vs Eureka Mignon

The JX Pro is great for espresso flavour wise, I also use/d it with a Flair, but for <= medium roasts as noted above it is hard work. Good advice above if you do go for a 1ZPresso to get one of the coated burr version as they are easier for harder beans. Not sure if it is ok to...
by Jeff, Today, 2:02 am in Water
Replies: 6 Views: 77

RPavlis water bland?

There was a period when there were machines "going haywire" that the manufacturer/vendor explanation was use of blended water. I found that an implausible cause. There were hints of improperly installed sensors that seemed, to me, to be more plausible. That the rate of complaints has since plummeted suggests to me a problem with components or assembly, not water choice.
by Yan, Today, 1:57 am in Buying Advice

Another option for sub 300usd espresso hand grinder... I don't have the grinder just give you another brand to considerate... "Orphan Espresso OG Grinder"
by Jeff, Today, 1:53 am in Buying Advice

I recently got a new-to-me JX-Pro and found it relatively easy to grind 14 g of Italian espresso blend. 17 g of Tim Wendelboe, light-roast wasn't pleasant, with it "jamming" on the much harder beans. The cup it produced from those light-roast beans was surprisingly good. It was different than my Niche Zero, but very enjoyable with no notable "defects",...
by Grim Tuesday, Today, 1:41 am in Buying Advice

I should probably add that speed is not such a big deal for me since I mostly drink filter coffee during the week, and my machine takes at least fifteen minutes to heat up anyways, so speed is usually not of the essence. At this point in my life I almost always pull two shots, one for me and one...
by Urupackers, Today, 1:36 am in Buying Advice

I have a 1Zpresso Jx Pro that I use with my Flair Pro 2 espresso machine and is a fantastic grinder for espresso, I grind 16/18 grs. of medium roasted beans in 30/40 seconds, and the tight adjustment, 12.5 microns allow me to find the sweet spot for my beans, well constructed in aluminium body and 48 mm steel burrs,...
by 510kut, Today, 1:00 am in Marketplace
Replies: 843 Views: 86042

Decent Espresso news

lol surprisingly it is kind of interesting to me... instead of building an end device out of components I have to deal with putting together a lot of end devices to make a system. And inventory management has been a pain to say the least. I've been meaning to look around at some cost effective way to build out materials...
by decent_espresso, Today, 12:49 am in Marketplace

Decent Espresso news

{image} Emmy's Decent Cartoon Emirates-based cartoonist Emmy owns one of our Decent Espresso Machines. She's a coffee fan {link} and we're big fans of her cartoon series, which you can find at {link} In her cartoons, she explores Arab life from a woman's perspective: romance, relationships, children, pregnancy, couple's dynamics (in good times and bad). Besides being just plain fun,...
by decent_espresso, Today, 12:41 am in Marketplace

Decent Espresso news

Short answer: we won't have quantities shown for any models before v1.43. The website will say "in stock" for all pre-v1.43 models, but no number. I personally find deep accounting questions super interesting, because for me, accounting is like physics: a math/numerical simplification of reality, which makes insights possible. If that viewpoint sounds interesting to you, I highly recommend this...