Recent posts

by Theosoler
12 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 23
Views: 299

Troubleshooting la Peppina double basket fit

Thank you for the detailed answer! That's actually the guide I used However I think my problem is with the washer between the boiler and the piston; the water don't get past him well when pulling slowly and it goes back in the boiler if I let the lever go too slow
by Stanzi1aticlouddotcom
36 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 5

Inside Dia. Of Jura milk hose?

Anyone know the inside diameter of the silicone "milk hose" going from the brew head of a Jura Giga X7 Pro to the milk container? Is there an industry standard for silicone tubing? I bought a used Jura Giga X7 Pro and that owner got it without the accompanying "Cool Control" unit that Jura sells
Advertisement
by DerSchoeneBahnhof
1 hour ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 16
Views: 403

Latte Art Diagnosis

Post a video (of your pour)! The experts on this forum can give some good advice. And I can learn too. I am having somewhat similar issues
by DerSchoeneBahnhof
1 hour ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 23
Views: 582

1 hole versus 3/4 hole steam wand?

For me the tricky part is getting the duration of the stretching phase just right. Too much and it's a nice cappuccino, but not a latte I look at the rising level while stretching but also the sound, the frequency becoming lower as the milk level rises and more air is introduced. Once you start learning
by UWPaul05
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 212
Views: 17580

80mm burrs experience (SSP, Ditting, EG1, Ultra, Uber...)

I am ordering the Wug2. Plan on getting the blind ultras for filter, but can't decide between the core or the LS for espresso. Anyone have experience with both that can speak to clarity, body and sweetness?
by Mike0
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 212
Views: 17580

80mm burrs experience (SSP, Ditting, EG1, Ultra, Uber...)

+1 if you order ultras from weber it says ssp on the box
by jgood
1 hour ago
Replies: 1
Views: 22

Buying Group Gasket Kit NY

I couldn't tell from your post whether you were looking for gaskets for a Cafelat Robot or another machine (like an E61). Chris Coffee (Near Albany NY) is a good dealer -- but they don't deal with Cafelat Robots. I've used them for parts (mail order as I don't live close) many times for an E61 machine. For Cafelat Robot
by another_jim
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Views: 39

Roastpic App for color

It looks interesting in terms of the tech. But sadly, the free version strikes me as crippleware that doesn't really do anything except highlight obvious defects. $19 a month for the unprofessional version comes to more in a year than the basic colormeters, and more in two than some of the best ones. So who would buy it?
by decent_espresso
1 hour ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 1786
Views: 233102

Decent Espresso news

Identical thermal accuracy. As far as repeatability goes: the more and faster you make shots on the DE1, the more accurate the temperature gets. This is because everything internally gets warm, and so less "fixing" of the water temperature is needed. Since there no boiler, but a heat-on-demand system, back to back shots, as many as you want, are
by DonFelipe
2 hours ago
Views: 22

Buying Group Gasket Kit NY

Hi Where I can find in NY (city or upstate) the whole gasket kit of cafelat? Im planning a family trip and its imposible in my country to find replacements. Kind regards