Recent posts

by malling
16 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 41
Views: 1994

Fellow Aiden anyone?

Ratio6 is like most normal brewers basically only useful at brewing within a larger set batch size, venture off and it tend to negatively impact quality and drastically reduce extraction. Ratio6 isn't good for smaller brews why they launched the Ratio4 and all ratio is more what you see is what you get, it's rather dumb electronics, this speak to
by Vociqn
26 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1369
Views: 190758

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

I checked out your post and the YouTube video-it's impressive! Have you successfully decreased the flow? I'm not sure if this had any meaningful negative (or maybe positive) impact on taste but it doesn't look normal. It's amazing how Breville's double boiler, introduced a decade ago, continues to everyone including breville with its capabilities . Since
Advertisement
by Milligan
26 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 41
Views: 1994

Fellow Aiden anyone?

I like the inventive machines people are coming up with. Seems like a lot of innovation going on. I especially like the ones that don't try to mimic traditional pour over with a kettle and cone as if that method is universally the best and not derived from human constraints. I still remember the cup I had at the ground
by ilVecchio
31 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 11
Views: 265

Olympia Cremina lever questions after group gasket replacement

That's not the way a pull works. It should take considerable force to pull the lever down
by rhtrevino
33 minutes ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 19
Views: 916

SCA Expo 2024 - Chicago

Unfortunately, I only stopped by the Mazzer booth to scope out the Philos. I'm not sure of the had the Kony Sg there or not. Sorry!
by jrham12
35 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 7
Views: 119

Dry End time vs. Drying time

No; I don't have any automatic events set... I dump the beans in and then immediately hit charge on the laptop touchscreen. I also note dry end, FC and drop manually. Just to be clear, the 4:03 that was noted as "dry% time" was as the roast was in process (after TP was automatically marked at 1:15)
by Sal
39 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 5
Views: 194

War or No War, Ukrainians Aren't Giving Up Their Coffee

Thanks for posting the link. I just hope the war will end soon and they can just enjoy a good cup of coffee with family. BTW, the Ukrainian roaster I mentioned in my previous comment is Kavka Coffee. I had to look for the link. It has been a while since I ordered a bag. Here is the
by BaristaBoy E61
40 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 10

Izzo Alex duetto 3 - pressure valve, need help !

Welcome to HB Rasmus I would suggest removing and cleaning the steam boiler water level probe. The likely cause of your problem is a defective steam boiler temperature probe. If you can, please post an image or video of the PID temperatures. It looks like you're direct plumbed based on the front panel pump pressure gauge
by JMT-CapeCod
56 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 31
Views: 1381

ACS waiting times

Excitement rising. Our new Vostok ordered in early February is now en route to us, supposedly to be delivered later this week. Black with safety system and V handle. I will be fabricating wooden side panels and turning handles to match our cabinets. Will be my first exposure to a lever machine. Upgrading from a Rocket HX unit.
by Balthazar_B
57 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 20
Views: 446

Fellow's new brewer - Aiden Q&A

Connect it using your cellphone as a hotspot? Doubt that it will require huge bandwidth or consume much mobile data