La Marzocco Linea Micra

Mine was 19 days, though I got the red one
by Primacog
8 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 4
Views: 117

Any Benefit to Slow Grind Speed

It has been noted by some that speed of grinding affects conical grinders much more than for flat burr grinders
Advertisement
by baldheadracing
8 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 12
Views: 213

Help with spritzers- puck prep

The EPNW HQ 14 is carried by coffeeaddicts in Calgary {link} (Although I don't use either, I would recommend the ridged shape over the ridgeless.)
by nemesiss45
10 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 5
Views: 81

What is this part... Fiorenzato Bricoletta

Well, apparently I am working through this... I pulled the heating element and plugged it into the machine while is was dipped into a separate silicone cup filled with water to isolate it from the chassis ground. It did not trip the GFCI. BUT when I reinstalled it... it also didn't trip the GFCI... so... maybe the insulation is a
by Ben Z.
10 minutes ago
Views: 139

Rio Lisa Junior

It's a standard CMA machine - rio, Astoria, etc
by Jeff
21 minutes ago

The Lelit baskets are comparable to other, conventional IMS baskets. They're good baskets. I would avoid the new generation of high-flow baskets until your puck prep is better. Pulling dark roasts, you may be better off avoiding them entirely. If you wanted to try a different basket, I'd see if someone can run some EPNW HQ 14
by sar5w
28 minutes ago
Views: 139

Rio Lisa Junior

I am partial having 4 of these (plus the ones that I put in the hands of others), but great looking machine. They also seem to last forever. I repaired a bad seam on a boiler on one, but otherwise regular maintenance keeps these going even in a commercial setting. On one of my machines just today
by LittleCoffee
30 minutes ago

As others have noted, dark roasts age really quickly and two weeks is quite long. My Sumatran Mandheling favourite is not much good past day 8 or 9. As they age you're likely compensating with finer and finer grinds and that makes channeling risk much much higher. Also, if it were me personally, I'd be
by fmm
36 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 26
Views: 1420

Mazzer Philos Comments

Any thoughts on the alignment? For me a big selling point of this grinder is that it's supposed to come properly aligned from the factory so I won't have to fiddle and waste several hours to shim it like I did with the 078s