Recent Posts

by DanN, less than a minute ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 2 Views: 106

Building a better Phin

I am a fan of the Vietnamese phin and I believe you can make a stellar cup if you know how to use it correctly. In fact all old school dripolators, German Walkure's use the same concept. Thang long brand in Amazon carries all sizes in one place and I believe it's called Fitzy shop. I bought all models 6cm(...
by BaristaBoy E61, 2 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 3 Views: 61

Grinding coffee beans stored in a frozen bean cellar without defrosting?

Perhaps the biggest factor in grinding frozen beans might be if frozen too soon post roast that they might not have had sufficient time to degas and properly age to optimal taste.
by Mbb, 29 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 57 Views: 1492

How many grams do you drink per cup or per day?

29 g per 16 oz cup Two oer day
by Ad-85, 33 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 93 Views: 6996

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva

{video}
by IamOiman, 57 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8 Views: 455

1953 Gaggia Classica 1 Group

I forgot to note two additional things from yesterday. as I was cleaning the piston I noted there was a decent amount of play between the rack piece screwing into the piston and the rack itself. The rack is a three piece assembly involving a pin that secures two pieces together. By design there is a little play where the...
by Yan, Today, 8:05 am in Grinders
Replies: 743 Views: 76240

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

It's better to try which one do you like in cups less retention more fines or less fines, faster drawdown (pourover) and better clarity... I choose less fines but my retention not more than 1gr @20gr
by pizzaman383, Today, 7:46 am in Grinders
Replies: 11 Views: 1023

KitchenAid Pro Mazzer Mini to SSP brewing burrs.

I bet the parts could be 3D printed.
by jason112, Today, 7:17 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 14 Views: 1519

Synesso for Home

I texted Synesso guys via Facebook, Instagram and emails. They don't even bother to reply me. This is so different from Sanremo. I was shocked that they even replied my Facebook message on Sunday (yesterday) telling me that the "YOU" will be available in 3 months. So won't put any hope on Synesso - they just don't care for home...
by baldheadracing, Today, 7:00 am in Grinders
Replies: 743 Views: 76240

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

Not that I remember, but it has been almost three years now. You can always thump into a different grounds container and discard - or save the fines up for a cup of Turkish. I'm just not a big fan of coffee left in the grinder. Are you using RDT? Try that if not.
by lukehk, Today, 6:48 am in Water
Replies: 8 Views: 310

Bottled water mix suggestions for espresso machine

I use 15% evian and 85 distilled. I really like it. I have recently started adding 0.09g of Epsom salts to boost magnesium/calcium levels to 80 ppm caco3. It's very quick. I just add dry powder, no concentrates. I make 4l at a time so it's more accurate. I use a jewelry scale though accurate to 0.001