Recent Posts

by petrisornobilu, 32 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1116 Views: 103122

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

Hi all. I own the grinder since April and I tried all kind of things to improve it. Now that I reached the final form according to my needs I thought to share with you, maybe someone will find this useful. So, I 3d printed a antipopcorning device, a spacer, I took out one of the silicone piece and the...
by warlock, 54 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 10 Views: 265

Coffee roasting machine - Help needed

Thats a interesting way to think. Yes you guessed it correct - I love coffee and I intent to small batch roast and sell as a hobby. I have access to a particular coffee via a few coffee farms in India and I am keen to test it in the NZ market at a modest price.
by warlock, 57 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting

Hey JohnB, thats a wonderful suggestion too. But given its extremely manual and I am little to no experience. I am scared this might not be the best choice for me. Would you agree?
by warlock, 59 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting

Ohh woww thats fab!!! Yeah, I am based in Auckland as well. Not that up north but fairly central-west. If you happen to visit, do send me a ping, we should catchup over a smooth cupo joe Thanks soo much for all the perspective here. If I prefer more automation would you ever consider the Sandbox smart R2 ({link}) Just...
by AndreG, 59 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 14 Views: 356

Quest M3 : Disassembling to swap heating elements

Hi, You could try Acetone (Nail Polish Remover) for the carbon build up. The Pharmaceuticals use it for cleaning there equipment. It does work...
by fuzzy_panda, Today, 4:27 am in Grinders
Replies: 0 Views: 23

Inconsistent shot times on Ceado E6P?

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Just got a Breville DB 3 months ago and recently added a Ceado E6P to replace the smart grinder pro. I've seasoned the Ceado with about 1kg of old arabica beans. Heard a lot of good things about them. My favourite coffee bean at the moment is a local NZ brand called...
by Marcelnl, Today, 3:41 am in Knockbox
Replies: 3170 Views: 278727

The craziest %#*$ing thing I've seen all day...

I can only begin to imagine how the chimney will look after a few days, and how the smoke smells...
by Baris, Today, 3:18 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 692 Views: 59901

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

Sure, it might be what you just said... Here is an image, If you need anything, or maybe a photo with flash, let me know. {link} Thank you !
by GDM528, Today, 2:23 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 181 Views: 5894

New Ikawa Home Roaster - 100g capacity

I've seen quite a few comments about the paid editing 'feature' for the iPhone app... Note the key word in my last sentence was "iPhone". I'm new to the Ikawa, but it appears the Android version of the app is still an earlier version that does allow editing without triggering a payment screen. Furthermore, the Android app gave me access...
by MaKoMo, Today, 2:03 am in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 3 Views: 114

From Manual Roast to PID Roast

Sounds to me like your p-i-d parameters are off. Try higher values for d.