Recent Posts

by BaristaBoy E61, 1 minute ago in Grinders
Replies: 5 Views: 45

Repository of electrical measurements from grinders

No beans 100ms peak. Seems rather high I thought... But it is in-rush.
by Roasty, 6 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 1

Breville Dual Boiler - Internal moisture and now won't turn on

Hi All- Over the course of the last few months, my Breville Dual Boiler has had some issues and now it just won't turn on. Here is the order of symptoms: 1. Started leaking water from the back, originally thought it was an overfilled water tank. 2. Steam started coming from the top part of the machine when heated up....
by n3gkiwi, 6 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1032 Views: 95006

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

I have read most of the posts on this thread and have done a few mods. However I am wondering what the general consensus is about the declumper and bellowing? I have played around with simply adding more beans (say 19 grams for 18 gram shot) and not bellowing and the results have been better. I just discard the retained...
by AssafL, 7 minutes ago in Grinders

I think he wanted no beans (sort of iron losses in the core). 1048W would hopefully be with beans....
by klee11mtl, 8 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 13 Views: 136

Utterly lost - I am simply unable to produce a cup of espresso

If you and your partner are both having coffee at the same time, you can always make doubles and split the shot into 2 drinks. That being said... I switch between singles and doubles regularly and while I agree it's much easier to get consistency with the doubles, you should still be able to get proper extractions on single baskets....
by BaristaBoy E61, 9 minutes ago in Grinders

Here are my 'measurements' of a Mahlkonig K30 Vario grinder with a Fluke 'True RMS' multimeter done as Assaf has mentioned above with an inductive coupler on 1-side of the AC line measuring millivolts AC multiplied AC line voltage. Meter set to capture 100ms peak, min. & max. Peak measured 1,048.32 watts Avg. measured 851.76 watts For what it's worth...
by cafeIKE, 14 minutes ago in Grinders

I have 4 grinders, the tools and the knowledge how to do it I've measured just about every other espresso related parameter, but for the life of me can't think why I would care.
by Jasper_8137, 20 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 35 Views: 895

New Jackrabbit Coffee Give-Away

Just as Bob stated, I'm psyched to win and am looking forward to pulling some great shots and posting my thoughts. Thanks to jackrabbit coffee and of course HB and the entire community - I get so much joy and knowledge from this site, I truly appreciate everyone's involvement! Jasper
by AssafL, 26 minutes ago in Knockbox
Replies: 6 Views: 323

Acaia Scale - Battery Tune-Up Program

Don't throw it away! You know you could open the thing and just replace the battery with any LiIon battery pack you buy on eBay (which they ship in all kinds of fake electronics to get around LiIon shipping restrictions). You'll need the connector so just cut the wires, solder the new ones and voila...
by ClintFeedwood, 26 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 13 Views: 136

Utterly lost - I am simply unable to produce a cup of espresso

Ahh I see. I've been buying the same brand ever since I got the machine and my results never changed. So I really think I am the mistake in the process Everybody here suggests a double basket. Though as I mentioned before that will result in double the amount of caffeine - which will result in less drinking of coffee...