Recent posts

by Jake_G
3 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 359
Views: 42754

Odyssey Argos owner experience

Another alternative would be to fill it full and then use a syringe of "X" volume to suck the level back down where it belongs. Do this a couple times and figure out how much water needs to be added when the light comes on ought to be easy enough. Let's say you add half a liter of
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz
9 minutes ago
Forum: Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 49
Views: 1493

Niseko, Kyoto, and Tokyo

{image}
Advertisement
by baldheadracing
11 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 0
Views: 5

The genetic history of modern coffee cultivars

Published yesterday in Nature Genetics tl;dr: Arabica coffee plants came from Robusta and Eugeniodes a long time ago, and not through human intervention. This work should help in developing future desirable varietals. - {link} {image}
by transit
41 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3
Views: 100

La Marzocco Linea Mini brew boiler overheats the water

Hi, I've had similar issues. Brew boiler over heating and no steam pressure. I had the board replaced by a tech and things were ok for a while. Then both problems reappeared. For the brew boiler a fix that worked so far has been to recrimp the connection plugs of the cables going from the thermostat
by another_jim
45 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 1
Views: 36

Moving to a flat burr grinder from Sette: what's the best option available in EU right now?

Make a checklist for yourself. 1) are you dong sngle dosing or on demand grinding? 2) Are you using the grinder for espresso and low acid roasts only, or are you going with more acidic roasts and other kinds of brewing. The good news is that 64mm grinders are good for all these options; but you want to know
by EddyQ
48 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 19
Views: 502

Caffeine break

Thanks. Yes, it was pretty bad and scary for quite a while. The cardiologists gave up after 9 days of in the hospital and said it likely was a virus. They said it likely was not the Pfizer COVID vaccine that I last had 9 months earlier. IMO, the vaccine does have strong possibilities of being
by Mike-R
54 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 32
Views: 934

Latte Art Diagnosis

(Edited for clarity) Your pour looks like you are gently sliding the pitcher forward. This is too subtle. What you want is to push forward quickly about an inch and immediately pull back in one fluid motion. Think of it as a "shove". Take a look at Emilee's video at 2:38 (embedded below, you will
by JordanK
57 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 6
Views: 178

Any Benefit to Slow Grind Speed

Interested in this as well. I'd love to hear folks weigh in on their experience with varying grind speed on the Kafatek MC6
by Jake_G
59 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 10
Views: 327

La Marzocco GS3 MP paddle adjustment/preinfusion

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how many words is two videos worth?{video}Notice the who's YouTube channel this is {video}As for why the new design, wear on the O-rings as the ports in the blue Ryton shaft were slid up and down past them was a major contributing factor. The conical valve was designed to
by yufufi
1 hour ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 1
Views: 36

Moving to a flat burr grinder from Sette: what's the best option available in EU right now?

Hi folks, I want to upgrade to a better grinder than my Sette 270. It served me well for about 6 years or so. I am mainly trying to explore but also aiming to get more consistency and less blandness from my shots I want to buy something that's reasonable priced in Europe and has good service also