Recent Posts

by Jeff, 3 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 57

Puck screen experience?

I use a BPlus with every shot and have for several months now. It definitely helps with cleanliness. I don't think it hurts the flavor, nor can I honestly say it improves it. I haven't noticed any dramatic difference in flow rate or EY. I now tamp and slide it in place with the "two thumb" trick that brewzologist (I...
by LObin, 5 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 34 Views: 1628

Spring Lever accidents

If that's your only worry, go ahead and do it. It's like burning yourself on a super hot E61 group... You only do it once. Then you learn. That's my case. For others, it simply never happens.
by Capuchin Monk, 6 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 6 Views: 105

Height of Ceado's Taller Grinders for Cabinets

E37S or E37J will fit under 18" counter headroom. So will other Ceado single dose grinders.
by SeekingGodShots2, 8 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 203

La Pavoni Shot Inconsistencies

Thanks. Just sprayed a nice shot against the monitor.
by Capuchin Monk, 11 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 57

Puck screen experience?

There are video reviews. Here is one.{video}
by Jeff, 19 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 11 Views: 180

Upgrade from Mini Vivaldi ii and Eureka Specialita

The "Lucca Atom 75 Espresso Grinder Review" is a variant of the Atom 75 and there are some tasting notes there that are worth reading. The Mythos burrs are well regarded.
by Kran, 26 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 11 Views: 180

Upgrade from Mini Vivaldi ii and Eureka Specialita

One thing to keep in mind is that when one buys 75mm Titanium Eureka Burrs this is what you get: {image} I haven't done a side by side against SSP 64mm burrs but the Mythos burrs are pretty decent. I currently have a Mini Vivaldi and have gone through a bunch of flat burr grinders (Vario, Atom original, Atom Original...
by LewBK, 36 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 6 Views: 105

Height of Ceado's Taller Grinders for Cabinets

None of the Ceados yet, but some of the larger ones interest me.
by dsc106, 45 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 13 Views: 316

Dual grinder combo: Niche Zero (espresso) & Baratza Vario+ Steel Burr (filter) - thoughts?

That you have! And much appreciated. Let's see... definitely "lazy" in the long run. I'm currently in the "super interested and too much time on my hands" phase but life is about to resume early next year and I want no fuss. RDT would suck. No thanks. Also, minimal mess with grounds is desirable, it's too easy for that to...
by Tillamook, 50 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 203

La Pavoni Shot Inconsistencies

Thats why I always give the first shot to my mother in law