Recent posts

by another_jim
less than a minute ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 27
Views: 1423

Mazzer Philos Comments

I'm not sure what grinder you are referring to as the 078s. My experience with 64mm grinders is that properly built ones do not need adjusting - how many people have had to shim Jollys or Lagoms? There are a lot of junky DFs, which need aligning or can turn out to be unalignable, but good grinders have an interlocked
by daggerNC
3 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 140
Views: 10767

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Got three coffees from West End Coffee Roasters:
  • Brazil Peaberry - Says Chocolate and Peach notes. I don't get any peach, but this was a pleasant coffee to drink - actually has a fruity sweetness with chocolate undertones. Honduras San Vicente - says sweet and less acidic and chocolate notes. Not a fan of this one - just
  • Advertisement
    by Maak
    10 minutes ago
    Forum: Grinders
    Replies: 11
    Views: 356

Differences between Ww core 80mm and Ssp 83mm HU in espresso

So high uniformity and unimodal as words sort of say the same thing. Maybe SSP tried to make the same burr at various sizes 64, 80, 83 yet they just don't work quite the same in real life. Anyway, many users say the 83hu are good for espresso, my question still is would this be a good companion
    by RapidCoffee
    10 minutes ago
    Replies: 5
    Views: 124

Any Benefit to Slow Grind Speed

Hope you are enjoying your new grinder! But 10000rpm and 10s? Just to set the record straight: the "Sette" runs at 650 rpm and (in my kitchen) grinds an espresso dose in 4-5s
    by frankz42
    16 minutes ago
    Forum: Espresso Machines
    Replies: 1649
    Views: 165962

La Marzocco Linea Micra

Mine was 19 days, though I got the red one
    by Primacog
    18 minutes ago
    Views: 124

Any Benefit to Slow Grind Speed

It has been noted by some that speed of grinding affects conical grinders much more than for flat burr grinders
    by baldheadracing
    18 minutes ago
    Forum: Tips and Techniques
    Replies: 12
    Views: 214

Help with spritzers- puck prep

The EPNW HQ 14 is carried by coffeeaddicts in Calgary {link} (Although I don't use either, I would recommend the ridged shape over the ridgeless.)
    by nemesiss45
    20 minutes ago
    Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
    Views: 81

What is this part... Fiorenzato Bricoletta

Well, apparently I am working through this... I pulled the heating element and plugged it into the machine while is was dipped into a separate silicone cup filled with water to isolate it from the chassis ground. It did not trip the GFCI. BUT when I reinstalled it... it also didn't trip the GFCI... so... maybe the insulation is a
    by Ben Z.
    21 minutes ago
    Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
    Replies: 4
    Views: 139

Rio Lisa Junior

It's a standard CMA machine - rio, Astoria, etc