Recent posts

by cortes
less than a minute ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 0
Views: 0

Any Benefit to Slow Grind Speed

I just got a Weber Key grinder. The recomended grind speed is about 70RPM. It takes about a minute to grind 16g. My previous grinder, a Baratza Sette 270Wi sounded like it ground at 10,000RPM. It would grind 16g in about 10 seconds. I'm gladly giving up that speed for the super quiet grinding of the Key. Its speed range
by Ben N
2 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2
Views: 48

What is this part... Fiorenzato Bricoletta

That is a control solenoid disconnect. It should have a screw going through it to keep it attached to the solenoid. Inside should look something like this: {image} If it has only 3 prongs ensure sure those 3 prongs mate up to the three prongs on your solenoid. Maybe you can find a wiring diagram and go through
Advertisement
by coffeeOnTheBrain
6 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 19
Views: 1148

Mazzer Philos Comments

I an actually stocked for the new Mazzer burrs, but I would like to know if Option-O or SSP burrs fit the Philos
by Ben N
11 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 110

Rio Lisa Junior

I reassembled last night. The NOS pump leaked a little bit at line pressure (I am using a 2 bar regulator on the water feed), I pulled it apart and applied keg lube to all the seals, doesn't leak any more but I will keep an eye on it. I am hoping with a little run time it will wear
by cortes
22 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 124
Views: 14189

Weber Workshops Key Mk. ii Grinder & User Experience

I grind 16g at their recomended speed of 75. It takes around a minute. I would guess 60-80g would take four or more minutes. The feeder didn't struggle for my 16g, just slow and steady
by Vociqn
29 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1371
Views: 190798

Breville Dual Boiler Mods and Maintenance

I think manufacturers use a crimp tool to push the metal part inside the tube. something like this but in reverse: {link} Definitely, this is not the right size. One side should go behind the ring and the other side to push the insert. heating the tube and ring with steam may help the tube to be
by Trjelenc
29 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 5
Views: 171

Highest chance of success - roasters

I'm not a fan of the "local roasters" metric since it obviously depends on where you live and also the goalposts of what you consider really good coffee, roast level and flavor profile, etc. I have a couple roasters in my area that roast good coffee. I also have a local one that isn't bad but gets the same mediumish
by mycatsnameisbernie
33 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 19
Views: 1148

Mazzer Philos Comments

What's the "Dose Finisher"? How often does it need to be used? Is it used to minimize retention, or only when cleaning the grinder? Thank you so much for the detailed review!
by DaveC
33 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 35
Views: 1452

ACS waiting times

The safety release would have been the reason for the delay. I got one of the 1st ones back in Jan/Feb I think it was, and was not happy with all aspects of it...I know they have worked on the issues and resolved them relatively recently. I did advise them strongly, not to send any machines out with a safety
by BaristafromPeru
38 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 18

What machine is it? - hello from PerĂº

What machine is it? Hello everyone, I am writing to you from Lima, PerĂº. Last year I studied barista at an Hello everyone, I am writing to you from Lima, Peru. Last year I studied barista at an institute. Let's say that I still have very little experience in the coffee industry, I come to ask you a question