Recent posts

by blondica73
1 minute ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2
Views: 61

La Marzocco Linea Mini brew boiler overheats the water

I removed the auto-fill probe and worked for a day. Then back watery steam. Any advice?
by bznelson91
6 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 1827
Views: 237389

Decent Espresso news

Posts like the above is why Decent is a great company. Just saying. Brad
Advertisement
by Jake_G
33 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 6
Views: 377

Downgrading from Slayer. Options sought.

You need to find a way to make it to a showroom and try the LM machines. The old no burn wand on the GS/3 was truly terrible. The new pro-touch and cool-touch wands are in a class all by themselves. They are full-flow like the burn-me wands, but double layer, so the OD of the wand is quite large
by Chwecgn
33 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 44
Views: 2381

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

May I ask why you didn't just return it?
by Jake_G
40 minutes ago
Replies: 22
Views: 958

Is Heat Exchanger Temperature Stability Really That Bad?

A great deal. The reason for this is the amount of thermal offset between the boiler and the group. In an HX machine, you have 45-55 degrees of offset between the HX, which is at steam temperature, and the desired brew temperature. As was mentioned earlier in this topic, some manufacturers utilize a reatrictor in the thermosyphon tube(s) (usually
by Trjelenc
44 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Views: 101

Dry End time vs. Drying time

This sounds like a weird thing with your Artisan setup that some knowledgeable people here can help you sort out. It should mark at the time you mark it, no subtraction from turning point. Do you have it automatically mark charge (and reset the time to 0:00 at charge) when you put the beans in?
by Jake_G
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 40
Views: 1685

Understanding Brew Pressure, Flow, Valves, and "Slayer Shots"

This wouldn't work at all, since the brew boiler is saturated. Any time a boiler is completely full, the pressure in that boiler is no linked to temperature, since any thermal expansion at all will take you all the way up to the expansion valve pressure. In this case, a pressurestat would not heat the boiler beyond lukewarm. There
by nemesiss45
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 27

What is this part... Fiorenzato Bricoletta

I've done a little investigating and I see that it is a plug for the solenoid. If I plug it in, the solenoid seems to work properly... but what do the wires that WERE plugged into the solenoid go?! There is a red wire that goes to F4 on the gicar box, a white wire that goes to F2, and
by Primacog
2 hours ago
Views: 377

Downgrading from Slayer. Options sought.

A slayer is quite a machine to have at home and it is a tough act to follow. It really depends on what u r looking for for your replacement machine though if u r looking at the linea mini, I don't think the tablet touchscreen vibe of the decent is quite the type of machine that would
by Crabby Guy
3 hours ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 2
Views: 31

Decaf ESE pods 3 ways with Lelit Elizabeth

Thanks for the suggestion. You clearly understand using ESE pods to make the best possible espresso. If I understand correctly though, it would be a long-term, perhaps permanent conversion, at least for me. I still want to grind my non-decaf shots, the vast majority of what I pull. A fairly thorough survey of this admittedly arcane topic showed (I