Recent posts

by PPapa
3 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 107
Views: 12685

Kees van der Westen Spiritello one-group lever

They're both in a luxury category to be fair. It's a bit like comparing Lamborghini with McLaren, I can only imagine that it won't be the deciding factor for people that buy it
by PPapa
7 minutes ago
Replies: 7
Views: 278

ACS lever safety system

How often does a portafilter come out from the group? Word of caution... The only times I've slipped my Bosco group lever is when I was cleaning the machine with Espazolla - mainly because I have a tendency to wash the portafilter beforehand and still have wet hands. Once you do it, you'll learn a lesson
Advertisement
by Conqueror44
12 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 2

Faema Baby Gasket

Hi dear all, I got this beautiful Baby but it does leak water with the current gasket. I tried the one from Francesco didn't work for me at all. I tried the O-ring that was recommended in the previous topics from Danco #100. It does come out when I try to put the portafilter, it doesn't go in fully, unfortunately
by bruca003
30 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 0
Views: 4

Green residue after steaming milk.

Greetings from Toronto;) I own a 2005 synesso cyncra first gen 1 group. Machine has gone through somewhat of an overhaul, including a new steam tank. I have observed that after I steam my milk and pour it out the residue left behind is green. I have steamed some water and haven't noticed any green residue. Any thoughts
by DaveC
31 minutes ago
Replies: 45
Views: 3136

ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner experience

it shares the Vostok mainboard and firmware, the lightbulb is used to turn the group light on/off on the Vostock and on my Evo2, to turn the under machine LED lighting on or off. When I had my first prototype Evo it was built with a 7 year old group and scrap parts, I had to make temp recommendations
by DaveC
45 minutes ago
Replies: 7
Views: 278

ACS lever safety system

I don't want to say too much because of copycatting, but he runs the water for a while to partly fill the group. The pump water debit is so fast that even with no portafilter, some water can back up in the bore under the piston. It's why when released, the piston moves initially rapidly in a approx 20 degree
by DaveC
56 minutes ago
Replies: 68
Views: 2393

ACS waiting times

I assume you have the safety system, if so the piston and stainless bore sleeve are the original piston. The safety system has a modified piston for technical reasons. It would be good to know exactly how you put the dent in the case to other people don't make the same mistake
by roopaksuri
58 minutes ago
Replies: 107
Views: 12685

Kees van der Westen Spiritello one-group lever

The pre-order price in Taiwan is 499,000 NT$ included VAT. 30% down payment when the order is confirmed. Leva X1 costs 310,000 NT$ for comparison {link} Spiritello is 60% more expensive than Leva X1!
by Coffeebeanzzz
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 2248
Views: 221932

Lelit Bianca User Experience

So I replaced the steam boiler safety valve and now when the machine comes up to temp the seal where I screwed the new valve sputters and hisses. Is there a thread lock type of stuff I should have used on the threading? I'm also pretty sure I could have screwed it in tighter but figured I'd ask here before
by NelisB
4 hours ago
Replies: 68
Views: 2393

ACS waiting times

Congratulations!