Recent Posts

by baldheadracing, 2 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 19

First espresso machine - used Ascaso Steel Uno - is it worth it?

There are multiple versions of the Ascaso Steel - it depends on which one. IIRC, in 2017 there was a base model with 250ml boiler that took 57mm portafilter baskets - I wouldn't pay $500 for that one. There was also a "Pro" version with a 350ml boiler and took 58mm portafilter baskets. The 58mm version was available with and...
by Feca, 16 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 581 Views: 48595

Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype)

by Feca, 17 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 189 Views: 43170

New Eureka Mignon Single Dose Grinder

Revolutionary
by Jeff, 30 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 108

Which espresso machine under 5k for light & dark roasts

I have heard that the Lelit Bianca is better priced in Europe than in the US. I would consider that along with the Synchronika and Profitec Pro, all with flow control. I don't know European pricing on the La Marzocco GS3 MP. One of the newer-generation levers would also be in my list. I don't know enough about them to...
by Breck, 41 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 2 Views: 108

Which espresso machine under 5k for light & dark roasts

I was recently in a similar situation, though I primarily drink medium blends with occasional forays out to the ends of the roast spectrum. Ended up with the ECM Synchronika with flow control, and couldn't be happier right now. Still very much in honeymoon phase, but a BIG step up from my La Pavoni, and one that I won't outgrow...
by Mountains+Coffee, 41 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3 Views: 128

Steam pressure won't stop building - Rocket Appartamento

thanks, I'll take a look at it. Is this normal though? Three pressure issues in 18 months? that feels like a lot.
by baldheadracing, 52 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 38 Views: 2650

SSP 98mm "Brewing" Burrs

That is not my understanding of ZrN deposition in particular, but I stand to be corrected.
by fizguy, Today, 8:07 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 117

Where is the magnetic float switch on Profitec Pro 700?

Thanks everyone! I am somewhat sheepish because I never knew what that little white thing in the reservoir was! So I learned something today, and everything is working again.
by Andreasstr, Today, 8:06 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 1 Views: 19

First espresso machine - used Ascaso Steel Uno - is it worth it?

Oy! Im just about to buy my first espresso machine and I could really use some guidance. So ive stumbled across this Ascaso Steel Uno 2017 model (used) and wanted to get some input on what to look for when buying used machines. Price is set to 500$ and that also includes Ascaso I-steel grinder, tampers and some other minor...
by chipman, Today, 8:04 pm in Grinders
Replies: 536 Views: 51215

Weber Key Grinder

They've been in business for over ten years selling various products. A little patience is called for these unusual days. So the very short answer to your hunch is no, you are wrong.