Recent posts

by Rasmussoe
8 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 0

Help with brew pressue on izzo machine

i've done a complete renovation of the mushroom/E61 grouphead on a Izzo Alex Duetto 3. Its really done magic. Only thing is that when i turn the machine on, the brewing pressure seem to go up to around 12 bar.. not that anything happens. But i have to open the lever up and down again before it goes down to
by yoshi005
8 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 179

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

In my experience you have to updose. 19,5g in the IMS basket is equivalent to 20,5g in the robot
Advertisement
by Agathorn
28 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 45
Views: 2509

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

Answer to "why I didn't just return it and get a new grinder": I did some troubleshooting with Weber first. After not getting anywhere really I did ask them to send me a shipping slip to return the grinder for a new one or just get my money back. They did not comment on this at all. When I asked
by cyan
41 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 2
Views: 69

Moccamaster user

Moccamaster guidelines are half pot setting for 4-6 cups and full setting for 8-10 cups. The switch changes the flow rate of the water
by francesco_ITA
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 27
Views: 900

Dull, flat flavour with V60 and 1Zpresso SP6

Thanks, Erik82, but I was referring to possible fine-tunings for the V60 (I probably expressed myself not clearly). After a few years of practice, I know how to dial espresso and move into that realm, but the V60 (having a huge manual part involved in the brewing process) is still very new to me. I guess getting a
by decent_espresso
1 hour ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 1837
Views: 238399

Decent Espresso news

You might also find useful: "Decent Espresso news"
by vit
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 9
Views: 277

Espresso shot - coffee appears immediately - problem?

I have no experience with E61 machines, but as far as I know, it has some kind of preinfusion system, consisting of several valves and springs built in, that delay rise of the pressure during first few seconds, even if it is set to more than 9bar. Is it possible something to be wrong with it ? {image}
by erik82
1 hour ago

Well generally speaking in espresso sour is underextraction (grind finer) and bitter is overextraction (grind coarser). But with light espresso roasts there's a lot more going on than that so it's not that simple. With lighter espresso roasts you want to do a pretty decent PI (say 7-15s) followed by a pretty normal shot time of around 25-35s as
by francesco_ITA
1 hour ago

Indeed. Thanks for pointing that out. Now it is a matter of fine-tuning with the same beans to make more experience. Does it go like with espresso that if the cup tastes slightly bitter (yet not papery), the grind settings must be finer? Are there any other variables to take into account? As always I would stick to the
by erik82
1 hour ago

Great to hear that it was the beans as that was my first thought (and reply). Now you see that beans do make such a large difference