Recent Posts

by Smo, 1 minute ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 7

Breville Dual Boiler - Internal moisture and now won't turn on

The coffee machine needs to be repaired when the first problems appear. You are describing a slow agony. When the machine is running, it is easier to detect water leaks. And when the electronics are out of order, everything becomes much more complicated.
by Jeff, 3 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 14 Views: 152

Utterly lost - I am simply unable to produce a cup of espresso

Small baskets are notoriously hard to work with, even for those with well-developed puck-prep skills and high-end grinders. The only "single" that has been consistent for me is the LM1 (or Strada, VST equivalent), which really needs a dedicated tamper and funnel to use reliably. It's a significant investment. The tapered ones, including the new LM basket, and challenging for...
by warrenlain, 13 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 18 Views: 1116

Trouble with Feld2 Grinder by Knock

There are unfulfilled Kickstarter orders? Are you talking about the same one from 2017?
by TexasBill, 28 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2 Views: 43

Pasquini Livia 90 - Not keeping pressure

Thanks for the reply. I'm about to replace the group gasket, as it likely needs it. One other question, though. When I brew espresso, or even when the machine is just holding pressure between brews, the "blow off valve" (I don't know what else to call it - it's the spout in the lower left that emits water when you...
by BaristaBoy E61, 33 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 5 Views: 52

Repository of electrical measurements from grinders

No beans 100ms peak. Seems rather high I thought... But it is in-rush.
by Roasty, 37 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 7

Breville Dual Boiler - Internal moisture and now won't turn on

Hi All- Over the course of the last few months, my Breville Dual Boiler has had some issues and now it just won't turn on. Here is the order of symptoms: 1. Started leaking water from the back, originally thought it was an overfilled water tank. 2. Steam started coming from the top part of the machine when heated up....
by n3gkiwi, 37 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1032 Views: 95027

G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder

I have read most of the posts on this thread and have done a few mods. However I am wondering what the general consensus is about the declumper and bellowing? I have played around with simply adding more beans (say 19 grams for 18 gram shot) and not bellowing and the results have been better. I just discard the retained...
by AssafL, 38 minutes ago in Grinders

I think he wanted no beans (sort of iron losses in the core). 1048W would hopefully be with beans....
by klee11mtl, 39 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 14 Views: 152

Utterly lost - I am simply unable to produce a cup of espresso

If you and your partner are both having coffee at the same time, you can always make doubles and split the shot into 2 drinks. That being said... I switch between singles and doubles regularly and while I agree it's much easier to get consistency with the doubles, you should still be able to get proper extractions on single baskets....
by BaristaBoy E61, 41 minutes ago in Grinders

Here are my 'measurements' of a Mahlkonig K30 Vario grinder with a Fluke 'True RMS' multimeter done as Assaf has mentioned above with an inductive coupler on 1-side of the AC line measuring millivolts AC multiplied AC line voltage. Meter set to capture 100ms peak, min. & max. Peak measured 1,048.32 watts Avg. measured 851.76 watts For what it's worth...