Recent Posts

by Capuchin Monk, 1 minute ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7530 Views: 1206842

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

Does it require 20 amp outlet?
by JRising, 6 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 33

Rocket Appartamento not heating to steam temperature & leaking a little

I'll take a stab at it. "Pressure Valve meant Gauge, I believe... So just at the moment when the water in the boiler was reaching boiling temp, the boiler-fill triggered. The pump came on and ran some water into the boiler adding non-thermally generated pressure. The anti-vacuum valve shut at that point, due to that pressure, trapping air (not steam)...
by boren, 16 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 83

SB E61+PID, Episode 2: Tested properly this time, with much better results

These are my PID settings: Celsius mode P=3 I=0.05 D=2 F.04=12 (offset between boiler and group) Does it mean I should change the last one from 12 to 23 to compensate for the actual offset?
by wachuko, 25 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7530 Views: 1206842

Post a pic of your home espresso setup...

Temporary setup... Inexpensive stand from Lowe's. Cut the legs on the stand to 34". 1-1/2" Acacia wood butcher block with some teak oil...and voilĂ  temporary espresso machine stand! {image} {image} {image}
by mgrayson, 25 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6 Views: 148

ARC 800 Roaster

There are times when I wish I didn't live on the seventh floor...
by Bluenoser, 25 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 252

What does "choking" the espresso machine means?

I think some grounds can get up there and get stuck.. so I always cleaned it.. which was a bit of a pain.... Try flushing it.. then take it apart and clean it once.. then you'll have your answer.
by Ypuh, 26 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 18 Views: 945

Good grinder to pair with La Marzocco Linea Mini?

How's the E65S GbW treating you so far? Looks like a proper grinder for home use or a small commercial setting. The only thing which would hold me back for home use is if there was 4-8gr retention, otherwise it would be a great addition.
by hankua, 36 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 6 Views: 148

ARC 800 Roaster

Nice! Are you using propane or natural gas?
by Bluenoser, 36 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 4 Views: 83

SB E61+PID, Episode 2: Tested properly this time, with much better results

Interesting data! I remember a poster criticizing the need to measure the brew water precisely, but only by these types of investigations do you really see what is going on in E61 machines. If your PID is set to 95 and you are getting 84.1 as your average puck temp (I'd ignore the cup temp), then many PID systems allow...
by dhuddleson, 38 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 39

Problem with Oster PrimaLatte (One Touch)

Nobody has any suggestion? No diagnostic manuals or comprehensive parts suppliers?