Recent Posts

by j26263, less than a minute ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 10 Views: 219

ECM Synchronika vs Lucca M58

Where I am is fairly devoid of good coffee shops, roasters, and consequently any of the supporting infrastructure like repair shops. Any of the restaurants or the coffee shops that do exist all seem to be using Simonelli machines, and I'm sadly not interested in any I've seen so far. Whatever machine I order I am going to have to
by j26263, 7 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 10 Views: 219

ECM Synchronika vs Lucca M58

That's a beautiful setup, thanks so much for the information. I think with all the guidance here I'm leaning towards the ECM
by Randy G., 9 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 1 Views: 48

Espresso extraction time - is it normal to prefer 40s or more?

The key w.ord in the subject of your post is "prefer." If you have tried "A" and "B," and you like "B" better, then logic dictates that you should work on refining "B." Your 'preference' is your normal.. for now
by jbviau, 19 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 757 Views: 78359

Orphan Espresso Apex Grinder

Welcome! I'm glad you bolted this down to a sturdy chopping block. That's been my approach since Dec. 2018. The "smoother CCW" grinding tip I've read here a few times is something I haven't really experienced. I think it might be related to burr break-in. Anyway, something I do notice myself doing is alternating between ~3 revolutions CW
by malling, 21 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 56 Views: 2544

NEW KvdW Lever Group!

No they are not that much better, because nothing in this coffee world is. Your paying for exclusivity, name, craftsmanship, features and diminishing returns but none of that is going to revolutionise espresso as in regards to be x better, different perhaps but better no, at this point we are well within diminishing returns. Some are willingly to spend that
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz, 22 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 0 Views: 3

Espresso Care - Refinements for line in Pre Infusion

I have gotten quite a few inquiries regarding "Espresso Cart - Goodbye Plumbed In" I was hoping that some of the engineering types could help me identify some possible parts for those that want adjustable line in preinfusion. Seems to me that you want to get the highest pressure pump, maybe 70psi, 4.8 bar
by Pino, 28 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 4 Views: 376

Favourite coffee roasters in Toronto?

omniacoffeeroasters.com FREE BEVERAGES ALL DAY!!! One year old. Today. Samir of fahrenheitcoffee.com started this roasting company located at 1347 Queen East. Admittedly I have not tried the coffee (beans) but have had coffee at Samirs locations over the years (no affiliation) and that is always top quality. Shares space, that is, in the other side of the building
by CarefreeBuzzBuzz, 38 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 41 Views: 6644

Espresso Cart - Goodbye Plumbed In

For those concerned about the noise, put the pump on a towel. With the higher GPM models the tank fills quicker and the pump runs less
by tasseloff19, 39 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 0 Views: 11

Water treatment - How to compare before/after

Greetings! I created a thread last year to decide on which filtration system to use and got great help from a team member: "Help with water treatment options" I bought a standard 2-filter softening system. Having 2 babies in-between, I didn't have time to install everything until now. So this week I set myself to finally install everything
by Transporter, 41 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 561 Views: 36530

Hands on experience with the Eagle One Prima

They have been trying to release the machine before I even got the Prima. Supposedly they are coming out this summer