Recent Posts

by ZebcoKid, 5 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 0 Views: 0

Question about the E61 head and pre-soaking...

Hello All, I have a Rocket Appartamento. I've watched plenty of videos now on the E61, and finding that sweet spot...just beyond the lever's midway point where water will flow, but the pump will not activate, provide a pre-soak to the coffee. My question is: Why not just adjust the switch that activates the pre-soak/pump, so that it
by ZebcoKid, 11 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 0 Views: 6

Disappearing Milk During Latte Art Attempt

Hello All, I've been trying to get my latte art together. I think I'm producing some nice milk and some nice espresso. When I lay down the initial milk into the espresso, all goes well. I think I've created a nice base mixture. I then keep the latte cup tilted, and tilt the milk pitcher to the
by martinlhoff, 22 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 17 Views: 503

Niche Zero not pushing out ground coffee

Notes for anyone having the same issue. Here's the teardown video {video}And this is how the motor looks when it's well aligned - the edge of the motor is roughly aligned with the PCB. So these pics are _after_ I reseated it. Before, it was turned and clearly those were not aligned. {link} Now that it's aligned, the
by YeetSkeeterson, 38 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1729 Views: 207138

Lagom P64 Flat (Option-O)

Anyone have a 3D print insert so I can fit the Robot's PF into the holder? As for the wear of the fork, I was concerned, I am OCD, legitimately diagnosed. I've gotten over it mostly by reducing my fear of death. I don't think we actually care about such irrelevant things like the wear of a portafilter fork
by N6GQ, 42 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 72

In search of a "good" brew grinder

Thanks guys - so it seems consensus is on the Fellow Ode as a great place to start. I'll start looking into that, appreciate the feedback. And ya, I did see the video on the various clones of the Fuji, interesting that his all were using traditional flat burrs, while mine has ghost burrs. I
by iBrew, 44 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1108 Views: 133484

Fellow Ode brew grinder review

If you're swirling it that can clog up the filter and increase draw down times, just use a gentler swirl and see if that helps. I'm at 3 with the V1 burrs using Lance Hedrick V60 method and I'm getting great results
by Oskuk, 44 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 2 Views: 38

Extraction time varies drastically without changing anything

Trying to save with old beans is like driving with flat tires saving air. It does not work. Italian beans can be 2 years old, and one month is what we are looking for... If like italian coffees taste, you can put a bit of those in fresh good stuff. If I can get hands on with "fresh" italian
by mikelipino, 47 minutes ago in Buying Advice

There are a few other threads on the matter, but I think that access to the 64mm flat burr space (particularly the SSPs) gives you a good intersection of performance and price. You mentioned the Fuji clones, and Lance Hedrick had a recent {video} on the Fuji clones that can take SSPs. Punchline is that while they look the same
by cmin, 48 minutes ago in Buying Advice

Personally still use a steel burr aligned Vario I've had for years and years. Even side by side ssp Monolith Flat for V60 and pour over its like 90% of that performance for fraction of $. Forget ceramic Vario, it's literally unusable in that range, like laughably bad lol. Have a DF64, stock burr, better than ceramic Vario for V60
by Jeff, 50 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 2 Views: 38

Extraction time varies drastically without changing anything

If you're not getting consistent results and it's partially due to the coffee, you're not "saving" anything. I'd definitely move up to fresh, quality beans. Try simplifying. Grind, tamp, pull. The more steps, the more variability. I don't know the Sette and dark roasts too well, but it may benefit from WDT if it is clumpy in the basket