Recent posts

by jramey0406
4 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 9
Views: 423

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

While I have not performed more advanced methods yet, I do have good understanding of them. My career is in precision manufacturing and inspection, where we measure in microns. Simply wiping off marker only tells you (if you rotate the burr a full rotation) that, at least 1 part of the burr (maybe a high spot) it is
by rindfest
10 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Views: 172

Brasilia Century triggering the circuit breaker once power goes on

Hello Attached are the sell/spec sheet from "rosito bisani" for the cappuccino del, which seems to be what you have. {image} {image} Looks like they were $1600 about 20yrs ago (thats my writing) Found this thread googling/troubleshooting what appears to be a failed cubic ricerca xp61 touchpad/controller, with my cappuccino del. Prob a
Advertisement
by BodieZoffa
11 minutes ago
Replies: 52
Views: 2644

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

POINT BEING is a considerable amount of money was spent on the grinder in question and has issues new out-of-the-box. NO EXCUSES for that regardless
by yoshi005
12 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Views: 226

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

I am using the IMS B702Th26,5M
by JRising
30 minutes ago
Replies: 4
Views: 60

Rancilio Silvia Help

Is it worth fixing? If the boiler is split (leaking around the boiler badly enough to rust the bolts) it's possible it was frozen and both the group and boiler will need to be replaced. The fact that it shorts to ground makes me suspect the element, another potential victim of freezing damage. Was it sold as a
by erik82
31 minutes ago
Replies: 52
Views: 2644

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

Than why are you bashing here without adding anything usefull? You're input is useless for the whole thread. It kind of seems you're a glass half empty guy. sh** happens, things break, production processes have their issues once in a while, that's life. Your opinion can be that difference are small, my real life experience is that it isn't
by Theosoler
33 minutes ago
Replies: 2
Views: 83

Rok Grinder bevel failure

Oh wow did not expect that The material for the wheel I can understand (plastic creates less static) but the fact that the symbols wear off seem weird when they say that they are "laser-etched"... I'll be sure to comment when it arrives
by JRising
38 minutes ago
Replies: 2
Views: 37

Help with brew pressure on izzo espresso machine

That's the expansion valve pressure. You do just mean that the pressure in the brew circuit goes up to 12 on the gauge while the machine heats up, right? The machine doesn't actually brew at 12 bar when the brew valve is open and the pump's running, right? It's good that your expansion valve is relieving your brew
by pschueller
47 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Views: 42

Travel grinder

That's very useful info, thanks! Maybe I can convince the wife to expand the budget. It could be my quiet grinder for the weekends. She doesn't mind the noisy DF64 during the week, because she needs to get up anyway!
by gabeholloway
52 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Views: 42

Travel grinder

I hear you on budget. But as someone who has owned a Kinu, two 1Zpressos, and a Lagom Mini, I have to say the Lagom is worth every penny. Not just for obvious ease of use, which shouldn't be ignored when considering a hand grinder for espresso, but for cup quality, as well. It's my daily use grinder with my