Recent Posts

by yakster, 15 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 1 Views: 41

Blue Bottle coffee beans larger volume?

Coffee seeds to increase in size due to roasting but there's a bigger variation in size due to variety as shown here: {link} Coffee is also graded and sold based on screen size. (roasting the same size beans gives you better consistency)
by RJB83, 21 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 11 Views: 331

Help! La Marzocco Linea Mini + Mazzer Major V + fresh beans = runny shots

I usually take a sip or two before throwing it in the sink or into a mug w/ steamed milk
by Yossi1818, 38 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 95

Ponte Vecchio Portafilter Screen Logo

Very cool! Is this a vector file? Thanks
by JeyTea1979, Today, 12:10 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 8 Views: 206

Flair Classic Pressure Gauge Kit

ok thank you
by Kaffee Bitte, Yesterday, 11:49 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 42

Steam wand knob holder replacement

Interesting. Got a pic of it? My hope is to find a dowel with just the right amount of snug and hope it stays in place. Lol. But failing that I am open to anything that works without destruction
by alfredocalza, Yesterday, 11:40 pm in Water
Replies: 4 Views: 141

What is the difference in flavor between Mg and Ca?

I agree; I definitely want to take care of my machine, but also would like to get the best possible tasting espresso without compromising the reliability of my machine. I want to keep the machine clean!
by alfredocalza, Yesterday, 11:37 pm in Water
Replies: 4 Views: 141

What is the difference in flavor between Mg and Ca?

Do you use Calcium instead? Isn't that bad for your machine? For what I have tasted, I feel like distilled water alone is more acidic. Mineral water (which probably contains lots of Calcium, is not acidic at all. The water that I make with magnesium sulfate and potassium bicarbonate is not as acidic as the distilled water, but still a
by mwynne, Yesterday, 11:36 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 42

Steam wand knob holder replacement

On my europiccola I tapped through the knob and the shaft with a 4mm tap and use a headless screw through both to secure
by Chert, Yesterday, 11:28 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 17 Views: 405

Bullet Roast Along-Brazil: Lagender or etc

And here it was: My post 1 C development may have lagged then failed to fall off quite as well as Almico's template. I look forward to tasting come the weekend. {image}