Recent Posts

by cmin, 9 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 2

Breville 920xl pressure not changing anymore (Slayer'd) ?

On my Slayer mod, today I noticed now the pressure gauge doesn't change whether coffee or blank when adjusting knob, it just goes to 9ish and stays, if I lower to 1st bar for example pressure stays in that range and doesn't drop anymore, or fluctuate period when adjusting knob. Already replaced solenoid, I just don't know what could be...
by MrPotatoHead, 20 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 8 Views: 784

Rocket Appartamento over pressure/loud squealing?

Has it continued to behave? I have the same screaming pressure relief valve that rears its head every few months. Also, I've been getting inconsistent shot times and noticed my pressure is wandering from 1.0 to 1.3 bar so I suspect my pressurestat is failing.
by pats4eva, 23 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 19 Views: 179

Breville Dual Boiler (BES 920) spitting too much water from steam wand

Descaling with a cafetto solution helped again for about 24 hours and then problem recurred....... Seems like it is the draining boilers bit that results in a temporary fix, anything else to try?
by BaristaBob, 29 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 3 Views: 330

San Remo You - Single Group Espresso Machine

Yes indeed, thanks for posting...hoping it's priced more like the LMLM. Then...I might be all in on this baby!
by ramassen, 30 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 17

Looking for repair or restoration source

I am trying to post a photo of my machine and accessories {link} {image} Tried inserting the location after hitting the image tab but it says does not allow offsight images. Hope someone can tell me what to do, Roy
by ramassen, 41 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 17

Looking for repair or restoration source

I have a 1958 Microcimbali which needs some restoration. The person who left it to me was a mentor who meant a Great Deal to me and I hope to get it working again. I know he took very good care of the things he had. As I understand he always drained it after using. And cosmetically it is in...
by mkane, Today, 8:09 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 75 Views: 6644

Green Coffee Exchange

3 Kenyans sold to me
by BaristaBob, Today, 7:49 pm in Grinders
Replies: 2 Views: 56

Keep or sell Rancilio Rocky?

If you don't need to raise some cash (and it wouldn't amount to much anyway), I'd store it away just in case you decide to venture outside the world of espresso. That what I have done with my Rocky. I gave it a good cleaning, boxed it up, and now it waits...I'm thinking cold brew is in my future...especially with...
by yakster, Today, 7:40 pm in Grinders
Replies: 48 Views: 3438

Tiny motors on new grinders?

Did you mean to say AC instead of DC in the underlined part above?
by JRising, Today, 7:36 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 10 Views: 183

Need help Olympia Cremina hydraulics redesign

The top could be removed and that T fitting could hold a gauge while the pressure is being set... Then the gauge could be removed and the extension and anti-vac installed in its place, protruding through a hole in the top once the pressure is trusted to be where it should... Just spit-balling the idea.