Recent posts

by bznelson91
less than a minute ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 39
Views: 2308

Mazzer Philos Comments

Any idea on the 200 burrs with filter coffee? I've been considering a burr swap for my Fellow Ode Gen 2 since I have my Lagom P64 as my primary now. It does have an auger and vertical mounting, but obviously can't (or shouldn't) be used for espresso. Brad
by frankz42
25 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 1655
Views: 166536

La Marzocco Linea Micra

We debated the yellow. But red won out
Advertisement
by Jonk
31 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3
Views: 100

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

I have both. It really depends on what basket you're using with the Flair. Their 'low flow' basket use a similar grind to the Robot (if you use the same dose). For straight-walled baskets you'll usually need a tighter grind with the Flair - but if you want you can just lower the dose for the Robot instead of
by bnjmn
32 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 5
Views: 68

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

Ah, so it's supposed to be soggy? This makes sense as I don't know what else I could do! Also changed my output to 16g, thanks for weighing in
by bnjmn
34 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Views: 68

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

Copy that. I am having fun! I adjusted my weight to 16g this morning based on your encouragement. Took about 5-7s for the first drops then a nice stream by 15s if I remember and done by 25s. Tasted great but I'll watch the stream closer. I was focused on the fact someone in my family took the last of
by ilVecchio
35 minutes ago
Replies: 15
Views: 394

Olympia Cremina lever questions after group gasket replacement

Good morning! After another almost perfect pull with my Cremina, I felt the need to muse about your problems. First, you're in Washington State? Could you locate someone who owns a Cremina for a demonstration of proper technique. When I started I was tutored by a couple of HBers in the Chicago are to get that special touch for
by truemagellen
58 minutes ago
Replies: 3
Views: 100

Switching between Flair 58 and Robot - grind size?

They are going to be very similar but it is easier to pull a higher pressure shot on the flare so if you are typically doing higher like over 9 bar shots they may run slightly different as I would typically run my robot shots 7 or 8 bar well on the f-58 more often I would do 9bar
by mctrials23
4 hours ago
Replies: 1655
Views: 166536

La Marzocco Linea Micra

My LM quite often seems to turn off at what I assume is the "power saving" timeout despite me either being mid-use or just after I have finished. Is this intended behaviour? I assumed that if I interacted with the machine at all it would reset that timeout
by BodieZoffa
4 hours ago
Views: 172

Espresso shot - coffee appears immediately - problem?

Personally I pay no attention to having to reach a certain time, volume or yield. No form of measurement will trump taste/texture and with espresso the variables are really constantly changing, so don't overthink it
by ODC
4 hours ago
Replies: 258
Views: 20173

La Marzocco releases Brew by Weight for Linea Mini

Does someone else here has a lot of connectivity problems with the La Marzocco Lunar scale? Every 2-3 days when I put my Linea Mini out of stand by modus (with the app) the scale will not connect anymore with my machine. To connect the scale again it's also trial and error. Sometimes it's helping to shut down my