Recent posts

by sosha
1 minute ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3
Views: 77

Arthritis and the Argos boiler cap

It's the turning of the knob. I'm no artist, but I was thinking something like this:{image} I think a strap wrench is a great idea to start with
by BaristaBoy E61
5 minutes ago
Replies: 2
Views: 13

1959 Faema Urania Three Group Hydraulic with Hotel Group

Can wait to share your process and excitement and to hopefully view a video of it in action pulling a shot! Congrats!
Advertisement
by IamOiman
5 minutes ago

I recommend moving a three group this size with the body panels removed due to its weight. Cosmetically, the machine appears well preserved with signs of use over multiple years. The light is present behind the glass, and may be working still. The machine appears to have a grease on the grame and fittings, and has a distinct smell similar
by Jeff
6 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Views: 21

Domobar Jr Hx Temps

I consider the boiler temperature/pressure on an HX machine to primarily control steam power. The brew temperature will depend primarily on the current temperature of the group head and the water in the HX at the moment. The resulting brew temperature can change several degrees in under a minute. The boiler temperature and reservoir temperature have a secondary effect
by godlyone
9 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 142
Views: 10951

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Try this one, pretty spot on with tasting notes {link}
by IamOiman
14 minutes ago

I broke my back moving this machine, but I am happy to present one of the wildest Faema Uranias I've ever seen; two hydraulic groups and one hotel group (I DO have the glass, it's in shipment still). The entire shipment was 285lb/130kg. It withstood some abuse, but it survived the journey. I saw the machine for sale twice prior
by Coffeewxplorer
15 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 0
Views: 8

Weber key issue

Hi there So I've had my key for a few months now and I have ran into some minor issues. First one is that the dial ring moves upwards when adding the beans. According to Weber it's due to force being applied due to density of the bean. But it's not enough to disable the dial and move up. Has
by baldheadracing
25 minutes ago
Replies: 5
Views: 64

Checking Bezzera Strega P/I and Brew Pressure with Portafilter Pressure Gauge

I ran my gauge underneath because the mount that holds the Gicar brainbox could be shifted slightly and the chassis bent a bit with needlenose pliers for clearance for the pipe to the gauge (with some tape wrapped around the pipe for protection). Note that I used the bottom port and a 90° elbow for clearance because I had
by Mr Faineant
31 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Views: 21

Domobar Jr Hx Temps

Yeah I understand that, I'm just not certain if the brew temp setting is truly setting the boiler temp, or if there is some fudge factor built in so that the setting approximates the brew temp. Also understood about the temp/pressure choice. For now I just want to get it setup for a consistent 9 bars, then I
by mwb5007
36 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 31
Views: 922

Mobile or hotel room brewing?

Back to the OPs question I think a Weber Workshops BIRD brewer, thermo-pen and Comandante grinder is the best and most efficient way to go. The brew method does NOT require a gooseneck kettle to get the best results and, assuming you are Ok with boiling temps killing the pathogens in your water, you can use the thermo-pen to