Recent Posts

by matkuf22, 2 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 99

Lelit Bianca Steaming Problem

Have you tried using both of the steam tips that come with the Bianca?
by BaristaBob, 14 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 4 Views: 94

Versalab M4 user experience

I think there is some good information on this site if you do a Versalab M3/M4 search
by homeburrero, 16 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 16 Views: 209

Lelit Bianca - during startup LCC turns off as soon as brew boiler reaches 130 degrees Celsius

I agree. However it's probably worth pointing out that the LeLit filter will only exchange a certain amount of hardness minerals and once that's used up it will do no softening at all. The Lelit MC747Plus 70 filter in the Bianca can soften 70 liters of water with a hardness of 200 mg/L CaCO3. (See "LeLit Bianca
by dfuller, 30 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 9 Views: 196

Profitec Pro 400 vs Rocket Appartmento vs Quick Mill Rubino

I suppose that depends where you are in the world; V2 MaraX is $1700 here in the US, barely any cheaper than a Profitec Pro 300 ($1800) or a Silvia Pro X ($1870). The Cheapest E61 DBs I know of are the QM67 and PP600 ($2400), which is a pretty sizeable bump in price. Elsewhere, especially Europe, I doubt it's
by flexyrhead, 52 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 4 Views: 94

Versalab M4 user experience

I posted this in a Versalab-KafeTek comparison thread, but here it is again: About three months down now, I'm still very happy with my purchase. I did get a Saint Anthony Industries grinds distributor to even out the grinds "donut" and my shots extract more evenly on the horizontal plane now. Even with that added step, I think the workflow
by stump007, Today, 8:49 pm in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1446 Views: 130369

La Marzocco Linea Mini User Experience

The Lego is very cool! Definitely supporting this Is there a way to change the 60s extraction limit? Sometimes I'd like to try a shot beyond 60s, but then the machine automatically stops
by stump007, Today, 8:45 pm in Grinders
Replies: 656 Views: 51107

Weber Workshops Key Grinder - user experience

Am I the only one getting "retention" in the magic tumbler, esp. when RDT? Didn't happen with the same beans few weeks ago but now I have some grounds that stick on the tumbler's wall (much less so if I don't RDT). Wondering if it's due to the hotter/humid weather
by F9zSlavik, Today, 8:24 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 11 Views: 108

Nuova Simonelli Ellimatic / Faint hissing sound

Hey guys, I had to flush the boiler to clean any residue from left from the repair. Maybe I pushed this little guy to the limit but one of the wires got so hot it caught on fire and broke off. Does anyone know what could of caused this? I did continuously ran it for almost an hour if not
by chipman, Today, 8:16 pm in Grinders
Replies: 656 Views: 51107

Weber Workshops Key Grinder - user experience

On the first line under the heading. Click on "here" If for some reason you can't get your grinder squared away, contact WW via email. They are quite prompt in replying
by Acavia, Today, 8:07 pm in Coffees
Replies: 26 Views: 1330

Wendelboe coffee has not been good to me the last five or so that I have had

How far from roast date were they? My April was roasted around June 15th, so I suspect Fellow buys a lot of them and sell remainders of ones tha tdo not sell in is Drops program