Recent posts

by Cjames1015
10 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 2
Views: 18

Rancilio Silvia Help

No it's an old used machine. Can I just take it to any electrician?
by bakafish
15 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 284

Steam Tip Dial, Cheap

Maybe you can try this steam wand angle first. {image} You can also try to release the steam until the heating LED on and then close the steam and time it to the LED off. Let's say it is 50 seconds. Before you froth the milk, you can do this again and start frothing milk at 40 or 45
Advertisement
by Chriss60
42 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 0
Views: 24

Moccamaster user

I received a Moccamaster select for Christmas from my wife and kids. My question is about the 1/2 pot versus the whole pot switch. Does it matter? When do you switch from 1/2 to whole? If you pass the halfway mark when do you switch over to full. I only make the amount of coffee that I need and many
by jramey0406
43 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 7
Views: 357

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

How are the V3 with pour over? Have you tried?
by strikeraj
44 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3
Views: 113

Thought on this theoretical pressure profile?

Thanks for your reply. I was comparing to one thread here that has quite a few plots "Lever Espresso Machine Flow Profiles" I am trying to mimic the LM leva with slightly longer 9 bar dwell to accelerate the initial flow rate increase But at the same time, I think my flow rate will not be as flat
by Nathax12
1 hour ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 7

Breville Dual Boiler Rattle and loss of Pressure

Hi all, After 4 solid years of use, my Dual Boiler has started to give me some grief. The machine is taking longer to build up pressure, and is not getting to 9 bar. When it started happening, I descaled and cleaned the machine and it worked well for another few weeks, but it is now back to the
by frankz42
1 hour ago

Rancilio Silvia Help

If this is new unplug it and contact Rancilio. If it is used unplug it and have a qualified electrician look at it. Things that trip GFI can cause bad things to happen
by Cjames1015
1 hour ago

Rancilio Silvia Help

Hello! I was sent here from Reddit. I purchased a Rancilio Silvia last week. When I turned it on everything seemed to work fine. I flipped all the switches on, pump was work, water came out of the group head but as soon as I opened up the nozzle for steam, it tripped the GFCI outlet. It seems like
by INIT6
2 hours ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 6
Views: 66

Turin/MiiCoffee DF54 Burr Binding Problem?

Huh I'll chalk it up to a gap in my knowledge but since I'm not the only one with the 'issue' I'm guessing MiiCoffee/Turin are going to get more people who also don't know this! Thanks!
by cmin
2 hours ago
Replies: 6
Views: 117

Breville Dual Boiler gurgling, Brand New machines x 2

Drain the boilers from the front screws completely. Then turn on to let warmup and refill steam and brew boiler, let it sit at temp a bit before using. Might be air in system or wasn't correctly filled somehow