Recent Posts

by baldheadracing, 6 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 2 Views: 14

How to fast-track espresso roast tasting?

If you want to pull espresso, then you can let the ground coffee sit for 45 minutes before pulling. That being said, I never do this anymore. I think cupping is easiest. I always cup, but I always wait a few days to be consistent. (I can't always cup after roasting as I only drink coffee before noon.)
by another_jim, 11 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting

Back before the day simple hacks were tortured into endless YouTube presentations, we just ground the shot and waited between half and one hour for it to degas and stale
by Jeff, 16 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4443 Views: 336258

Cafelat Robot User Experience

These are some personal opinions, so take them as such and not as some hard-and-fast rules. For medium or medium-dark ("espresso blends"), I seemed to find between a week and three weeks from roast to provide better results than coffee that was only a day or two from roast, or over three weeks old. This assumes that the bag
by GDM528, 40 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting

I typically let my Full City roasts rest about a week before pulling shots, but that lag time really puts a damper on experimenting with roast profiles. Is there a faster method to roast/brew/taste, like, same-day? The tasting notes just need enough veracity to provide general guidance, e.g., worse/better. I imagine professional roasters occasionally have to make
by bringyoutomyhell, 40 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4443 Views: 336258

Cafelat Robot User Experience

Go for a 1:2 at 7 bar in 30 seconds + preinfusion for starters. Every bean will require a different grind size. And you'll need to go finer as they age. They'll taste better between 10 to 20 days post roast. I freeze my beans single or double dosed (vacuum sealed, or in cheap glass IKEA tubes) so I can
by Kaffee Bitte, 49 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 4 Views: 59

Dialing in Macap MC6T

Spitting image of my Macap mc4 aside from the full size hopper. Pretty sure the smaller 1 poundish hopper will fit as many places sell them that way. Probably not too expensive if you don't like the tall 3 pounder
by cibby, 54 minutes ago in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 14

[FT] Your silver p64 for my black p64

{image} Looking to trade my black Lagom p64 with SSP MP for a silver model. Ideally same burrs but open to other ones
by N6GQ, 57 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 20 Views: 157

Huky IR burner issue

Today I filled the propane tank - wasn't that. Today I ordered a new regulator as suggested above. It should arrive tomorrow - I'll install and report back. If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas. Have to get another burner I guess. At that point I may move towards a more common burner, although I don't
by mikeTRON, Today, 5:07 pm in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 20 Views: 157

Huky IR burner issue

Any update on this? Worst case scenario are you simply replacing the burner? On that note are there upgraded burners or do most folks simply replace with the Huky IR burner?
by baristainzmking, Today, 4:59 pm in Coffees
Replies: 486 Views: 19647

Saka Caffè in the States

And it stands up so well with milk!