Recent Posts

by another_jim, 32 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 32 Views: 642

Chicago-Milwaukee-NW Indiana Area Get Together

I see a blind tasting on the horizon
by Paul_Pratt, 36 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 41

Faema President 1-Group Restoration/Maintenance

That is a lovely original machine, shame about the top plexi that would annoy me no end. The modern plexis are a darker colour and a bit out of place. The only non original part I can see if the plastic drain box, understandable as the aluminium ones corrode and and they usually have to be cut out. I would...
by Prairiedawg, 45 minutes ago in Cafes and Get-togethers
Replies: 32 Views: 642

Chicago-Milwaukee-NW Indiana Area Get Together

I'm bringing coffee and some Mad Dog 20/20
by dcoplan, 52 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 3 Views: 33

Solis Barista Perfetta - water? filter?

Yup, I do have buildup on my shower head. Appreciate the feedback. Sounds like it's simply not worth messing around with trying to treat the tap water even though I hear the minerals can be good for coffee flavor. Do you have this machine or you were just thoughtful enough to reply to my post?
by spressomon, Yesterday, 11:09 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 3 Views: 116

High-end espresso machines

I don't know, I messed around with a few different machines over the past 22-years of 'at-home espresso making', always and sometimes quickly getting to the end game with them for one or more reasons. I'm not in the fan club of E61 group machines...ditto for single group levers. If I went back to a lever machine, and the chances...
by mdmvrockford, Yesterday, 10:54 pm in Buying Advice

I like TeamHB Jeff's idea. An inexpensive lever to try (to see if you like lever espresso in-the-cup) is Cafelat Robot or Flair 58. If you like lever espresso in the cup from either of these then you can move onto ones with electric boiler and steamer. And sky's the limit (as is for pump machines). And you can sell...
by MarvelousBiorr, Yesterday, 10:54 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 41

Faema President 1-Group Restoration/Maintenance

Hello everyone my name is Charles and I have recently come by a Faema President 1-group. Which had an immediate casualty of the cup guard. {image} {image} It was in what looked like good shape, 220v and so I knew from the beginning I would need to at the very least convert the heating element to prep the machine to...
by Jeff, Yesterday, 10:49 pm in Buying Advice

Single-group lever?
by Arafel, Yesterday, 10:28 pm in Buying Advice

I currently have an excellent setup, a Profitec Pro 600 with flow control and a Kafatek Monolith Flat grinder. I do love the shots I get for the most part, but now I have machine upgradeitis. My main consideration is plumbing the machine in. Filling up the res on the Pro 600 is a pain, mostly because invariably I'll forget...
by Paul_Pratt, Yesterday, 10:27 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 6 Views: 143

Gaggia Orione group maintenance

The middle nut looks a little high, I would try and screw that down a turn or two and that will compress the gaskets making a better seal. A year seal life is not very long IMHO. To know how much compression you need well it is trial and error. But it seems like water is leaking past your top...