Recent Posts

by Nickb13, 20 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 0 Views: 7

Mill City 1k/North TJ- 067 Artisan Phidget settings

Hi I am looking for help with Artisan Settings for my 2016 version North TJ-067 (now Mill city 1k) roaster. I am using a phidget 1048 and so far I installed the drivers from phidget without any further tweaking. I chose Phidget USB 1048 as my machine and device with default settings. The RoR is crazy all over the
by timothyp, 43 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 8 Views: 382

Versalab M4 user experience

Nothing but good things to say about mine. Workflow is light years ahead of any single dose grinder I've used
by Boldjava, 52 minutes ago in News and Suggestion Box
Replies: 21 Views: 256

How about a Like button with emoji choices?

Most active and divided thread on HB today!
by randytsuch, 56 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 20 Views: 252

Roaster, situation demands I use an extension cord

The outlet and plugs will add whatever resistance/voltage drop they add regardless of the extension cord size. I just didn't see a reason to use #10 wire for an extension if my house is wired with #12, but already said that's my opinion. I didn't look at voltage drop versus current vs run length of wire etc.
by Roasty, 57 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 7 Views: 388

Klatch Coffee - no more greens on sale?

For what its worth, I recall almost every end of the month sale include greens and have taken advantage of it a dozen times. I was surprised to see a recent sale not include greens. I'm astounded that some are saying (Including Klatch), this isn't usually the case
by beans+crumble, Today, 5:34 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 6 Views: 137

Upgrade time to a serious espresso machine, advice needed

They may not of mentioned needing a certification but you will want a reliable machine that will be able to handle the increased use. The typical home machines aren't built to hold up to the amount of use. The GS3 is not only acceptable for home and light commercial use, it's also NSF certified (2 birds; 1 stone)
by boneman147, Today, 5:33 pm in Grinders
Replies: 0 Views: 14

OE Lido 1 - Help!

I have an OE Lido that has been grinding away gone 10+ years now. Unfortunately my missus decided to see how much abuse it could take the other day and ended up breaking the catch cup AND the black plastic top it threads into. I went to the OE Lido site to try and buy a new one
by Milligan, Today, 5:18 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 6 Views: 137

Upgrade time to a serious espresso machine, advice needed

Thanks for quick responses so far. I am working closely with the county health inspector. He hasn't mentioned any needs for certified machinery or equipment. I sent an email to my health inspector to see if the county or city requires that. Good advice. I don't plan to use this specific machine for heavy commercial use.
by malling, Today, 5:14 pm in Grinders
Replies: 414 Views: 33827

SSP Lab Sweet 64mm

Some have gotten away with 10kg others needed like 15-20kg It won't start performing before it's well seasoned a general issue with cast, it needs to be well seasoned before making judgments... but if one is more into high clarity abruptly transitions of high clarity burrs I'm afraid cast burrs will never be down those
by LObin, Today, 5:11 pm in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 5 Views: 125

La Pavoni Pro sleeve damage?

Like DanoM has suggested, if it's smooth, just leave it be. If it needs to be addressed, then a break cylinder hone and very light grit sand paper will do it. I've seen people finish with something as fine as 1500 or 2000 grit. I would also suggest switching your water for something like R.Pavlis's water recipe