Recent Posts

by beans+crumble, less than a minute ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 8 Views: 278

La Marzocco Linea Mini and GS3 - taste for comfort blends

was the machine I wanted. If I started modifying it to be more like the GS3 then I should of just bought the GS3 in the first place!
by Grant, less than a minute ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 2 Views: 12

Shurflo / Aquatec pump without accumulator

Though I've read numerous times it is not a good idea, I run my Elektra A3 with the pump drawing directly from a 5 gallon bottle. No external pump/accumulator. I primed it by having the bottle higher than the machine, and then put a backflow preventative valve on it. Supposed to have 4 bar pressure, but when
by HB, 13 minutes ago in Espresso Machines

It's not a problem, the pump will just cycle each time you draw water instead of time-to-time with an accumulator. At espresso flow rates, there's no need for a large accumulator. On the other hand, if you're going to use the pump to run a pitcher rinser, for example, then a larger accumulator would be worth having
by Jeff, 19 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 2 Views: 38

Lean Hammer vs Crème Dolce by Dragonfly

Even among espresso blends, there is a wide range of styles. Some are darker, lighter, some with robusta, without. Then there are more subtle differences that sometimes you can get a hint about from the roasters' comments about the beans used for the blend. What you may be tasting that you enjoy in the Leam Hammer is a combination
by cannonfodder, 19 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 1769 Views: 293332

Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine

Stretman lever espresso machine portafilter and lever handle, tamper, leveling tool, accessory stand, Niche Zero base, tumbler holder, and feet all in cocobolo and a curly/burly maple accessory holder and tamping station. Unfortunately, the angle does not bring out the curl but the entire piece is a nice figure. The Niche zero parts are also curly in cocobolo. {image}
by Chert, 24 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 7 Views: 213

Auction lots - roast & learn ? One of a Kind Guatemala

On the alarms setting, I went to the help key and gleaned some tips. It looks like the 'Slider Power' field with '35#Power to 35' should move the slider to the setting I intend. Then with the beep and pop-up I will know to twist my know to the respective gas setting 3.5 WC inches. We'll
by Milligan, 31 minutes ago in Coffees
Replies: 2 Views: 38

Lean Hammer vs Crème Dolce by Dragonfly

I felt the same way about Crème Dolce. I had it side by side with Monarch from Onyx and remember enjoying Monarch much more. I haven't had Lean Hammer. I tried their Terre Celesti as a drip brew and it was fine. Tasted like a good house blend, but really that should be all that is expected of
by TooManyHobbies, 44 minutes ago in Espresso Machines

Hey all, Would it be okay to run my espresso machine off of a bottle using a shurflo / aquatec style pump without an accumulator for a few weeks? I'm not sure of my final setup yet and if i'm going to go with a 2 gallon accumulator or one of the mini ones. I can't see any reason
by Tjyven, 44 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 6 Views: 152

Profitec Pro 400 vs Rocket Appartmento vs Quick Mill Rubino

Not sure what you mean with flip modes beacause you dont need to flip mode to steam milk after you brewed your espresso. The machine is also programmed to raise the steam pressure immediately after you have stopped the pump after brewing espresso
by Mikeprican, 47 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 5 Views: 138

Espresso-Sugar (Cubano) Discussion

Old school method here : {image} {image}