Recent Posts

by PIXIllate, 29 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 19 Views: 383

Newbie "buy once, cry once" espresso setup, budget $2500

This was something I had read and was thinking about when I got my new Monolith Flat. Now, mind you, it's not a MAX but after I ran 3.5 pounds through it for break in my shots are right back to being as clean as they were last month with my Vario. Granted I have worked on puck prep and...
by PIXIllate, 40 minutes ago in Marketplace
Replies: 530 Views: 57766

Decent Espresso news

Thanks. I think my Simple Scale is getting ready to pack it in so here's hoping it holds out a few more months. Looking forward to it. Decent is one of those black hole companies for me, like Kafatek. You resist it at first but the longer you think about it the more sense it makes to just spend the...
by Jonk, Today, 3:01 am in Knockbox
Replies: 38 Views: 387

Brewing on the water

Did you get a bellman with a gauge? That would help in knowing when to stop heating. When I had one I just waited for the safety valve to open, but that is more pressure than you really need. Also, heating up the water to boiling point in another vessel will save you some gas. You don't need to fill...
by decent_espresso, Today, 2:58 am in Marketplace

Decent Espresso news

PCBs getting finished being made this week, and then they're getting assembled. I'm supposed to get them at the end of May.
by decent_espresso, Today, 2:57 am in Marketplace

Decent Espresso news

The Decent Web Site tries to guess your country, based on your TCP/IP address. It must think you're not in the USA. If you choose UNITED STATES as your country, you should have no problem: {link} {image}
by GeorgeP922, Today, 2:56 am in Coffees
Replies: 3 Views: 140

Lavazza roasts for consumers in the USA

Probably unrelated but I saw a Lavazza decalled van recently. I walked upto it parked and saw two men inside. I gave a pleasant hello and asked them if they had any swag or mugs to give away. They had the most puzzled look on their face (these guys were true Baltimore Yokels, the last people you would stereotype as...
by Jeff, Today, 2:55 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 19 Views: 383

Newbie "buy once, cry once" espresso setup, budget $2500

The Niche Zero typically restocks monthly and, at least over the last few months, sells out in hours. Check the big thread for latest hints in how to get informed of the next "drop". The reports on the Lagom P64 are very good. It had better be as good as a $2,000 grinder, that's basically its price. I have read...
by Sib, Today, 2:48 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 11 Views: 288

Cafelat Robot as upgrade to Minipresso GR?

Thanks again for all the replies! A quick update: Standard Robot in "Creamy White" ordered!! Will post pics when it arrives
by decent_espresso, Today, 2:31 am in Marketplace

Decent Espresso news

{image} Zoom call : Latte Art with Dennis Hew, in 3 days At this time: {link} John Buckman & Author Dennis Hew are inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Learn how to texture milk appropriately for different styles of drink and latte art styles. Get help live, from Dennis and John, on any steaming problems you might be having....
by proftournesol, Today, 1:59 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 4 Views: 143

Should I buy a Slayer Single?

I'm of course interested in quality and in having some fun with it, but also reliability and whether I might have water issues; how particular is the pump for water pressure?