Recent posts

by toadshade
1 minute ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3
Views: 47

Rebuild Pressure gauge?

I can't get the damn face off the gauge to save my life. It is really on there. Or I would give an update
by BaristaBob
1 minute ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 263
Views: 19960

La Marzocco Linea Mini R

That's on the shorter end of the timeline. What color did you order, and from who? Congrats!!!
Advertisement
by Nwin23
8 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 8

What do I gain/lose switching from a Robot to a Ponte Vecchio Export?

Have been using a robot for years and I love its simplicity. Nearly zero maintenance, easy to adjust the shot in the fly, it's been great. I make my wife an americano and myself a shot during the weekdays and life is good. Usually 18g in/36g out with medium/dark roast, but I picked up some Saka beans and have been
by fmm
13 minutes ago
Forum: Blog
Replies: 55
Views: 3182

Mazzer Philos Comments

I'm quite confused that that's the message you got from reading my posts. Quite the opposite, I see Zerno as an exception to the rule, in the majority of the recent posts I made on this forum (not just on this thread) I'm essentially complaining about a particular small manufacturer and their lack of QC. How's this in contradiction
by strikeraj
46 minutes ago
Replies: 5
Views: 205

Thought on this theoretical pressure profile?

absolutely agree this is the first profile i am trying to design, which would be closest to a pump machine that i use now with a declining pressure profile of spring I plan on making other interchangeable mechanisms that would do other profiles as well, linear spring, lower pressure, etc as an engineer, we like to overthink and overcomplicate a
by toadshade
50 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3
Views: 47

Rebuild Pressure gauge?

The gauge is stuck at 7 Bar. But otherwise moves when I use it. You think that is its new or current "0"? If all I have to do is move the needle, then fine. I just assumed something would be stuck inside the mechanics somewhere
by mrgnomer
1 hour ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 7
Views: 127

Turin/MiiCoffee DF54 Burr Binding Problem?

Adjusting the grinder while it is running avoids going too far compressing grinds still sticking to the burrs and stalling the motor. Your grinder dial may not be calibrated to a burr chirping zero point. With clean, running burrs you should be able to readjust your dial to zero at the chirp
by IamOiman
2 hours ago
Replies: 5
Views: 143

1959 Faema Urania Three Group Hydraulic with Hotel Group

Actually, yea that would make much more sense, where the water inlet supplies water to both the boiler and to the hydraulic circuit and the extra fitting on the side is the drain. This is how my Cosmo hydraulic is plumbed too. I was thinking the tube going into the boiler at the 3-way valve was always open and forgot
by Mr Faineant
2 hours ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 7
Views: 75

Domobar Jr Hx Temperatures

Yeah ok, I understand. I've been playing with it a bit, and don't really see the utility in it. For now I have it set such that with no portafilter in place I get 250mL out of it in 25 seconds. This is a recommendation I read on Clive coffee, and it seems reasonable. The pressure reading from the manometer
by Ad-85
3 hours ago
Forum: Water
Replies: 2
Views: 110

BWT BestProtect extracts salty shots!

It works Here's how I do it. 1 bottle of lotus (filled with my bestmax filter which has 22 gh and 28 kh) Each drop to this bottle gives 0.46 ppm hardness 48 drops (divided between magnesium and calcium) 2 drops to 31ml sample = 20-23 ppm hardness I need to experiment more