Recent Posts

by nameisjoey, 1 minute ago in Coffees
Replies: 482 Views: 19577

Saka Caffè in the States

Haha, I actually work in sales - maybe it's starting to show in my personal life a bit too much For sure 197-198 would be my suggested starting point. If it's roasty then drop even more. You can definitely start with a 17.5g dose, I'd keep the grind tight so you get roughly
by Kinukcafe, 3 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4437 Views: 336190

Cafelat Robot User Experience

thanks. Good read. Although I need more learning to understand fully about the grind/ taste/ shot length relationship
by Kinukcafe, 7 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines

!!! I checked the bag of my beans. It is for filter!!!! I hope it is why it tasted so bad!!! It was leftover when I made the change from moka to robot. I didn't realise espresso uses a totally different breed
by Jeff, 8 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 16 Views: 632

Cheap coffee scales - any to beware of?

The things I check with a cheap scale before I buy it or when I get it from a vendor that allows "Free Returns" are: * Does it use AAA or AA batteries so I can use Eneloop rechargables (no coin/button cells)? * Is the auto-shutoff time sufficiently long, or can be disabled? * Can the scale
by Kinukcafe, 10 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines

Good to know! My Mrs. was asking me to give up saying this is the best espresso we can achieve and it is similar to the espresso we can get from cafe (but she never an espresso drinker ). I think we can't possibly achieve a reasonably good shot with 3 days experience. The best is yet
by Jeff, 19 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 10 Views: 183

Advice for espresso grinder, $500-$1000 budget

If I were looking for a hopper-fed grinder for classic espresso, the Eureka grinders would be high on my list, especially ones like the Atom 75 with Mythos-like burrs. If I were looking for a single-dosing grinder for classic espresso, I'd go with a Niche Zero. Checking Buy/Sell here is one way to get a feeling for used
by jpender, 24 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 14 Views: 207

Food safe adhesive

I agree with you that it's not a concern in this instance. But suppose it were a super deadly toxic glue, one that would kill you if you ingested a picogram of it. Would you still be as sure about it "never" contacting any of the grounds?
by Ken5, 25 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 16 Views: 632

Cheap coffee scales - any to beware of?

For those that have the Lunar and perhaps did not read the warranty, the scale is under warranty for 2 years including water damage. States so on the acaia webpage under the scale description, but does not mention it in the manual. Screenshot from webpage... {image}
by Pressino, 33 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 49 Views: 8363

New Etzinger etz-I grinder

I'm glad that you find counterclockwise grinding with the ETZ as easy as clockwise grinder rotation. I presume you're right-handed. My comment was based on human musculoskeletal and neuroanatomy. The ergonomic asymmetry of clockwise and anticlockwise movements in tool use is well understood in the case of screwdrivers used by right and left handers to tighten and loosen right
by TallDan, 38 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 14 Views: 207

Food safe adhesive

I have used it to glue a couple broken coffee mugs together. If it's just the handle, I'll still use it for coffee. If it's actually part of the mug that touches coffee, that mug gets moved to shaving or pen holder duty. That's relevant here because, to me, gluing the magnet into the funnel is like gluing