Recent posts

by daggerNC
12 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 129
Views: 9855

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

Neils - are you teasing us in that you have a "real" blueberry bomb coffee that's only available in the Netherlands??! If it really is "Da Bomb" then enjoy!! I ordered some coffee to sample (3 different beans) from West End Coffee Roasters - not expecting any real fruit-forward coffees but people seem to
by jramey0406
22 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0
Views: 7

Boilergate question

Does anyone know if Gaggia will still replace boiler on GCP Evo if you are not the original buyer? I got one second hand
Advertisement
by jramey0406
24 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Views: 7

Roastpic App for color

Just read an article about the Roastpic app being released in a couple weeks. Might be a good affordable option to an expensive color meter. {link}
by chanty 77
24 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 25
Views: 548

Coffee "earth" notes

On Day 7 & Day 8 (post roast), both days---first drip came out at 4 seconds--pretty fast & blonding (or what appeared to be blonding from the get-go). Made me nervous as I used to look at blonding when you need to turn your machine off or it will be pure sour. I let it go though for
by expresso77
28 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 66
Views: 26265

Most reliable brand of espresso machines?

i tested the pressure at the group with this little device - it shows 11 bar - i am not concerned about it - {image}
by JayBeck
33 minutes ago
Replies: 60
Views: 2082

Meaningful upgrade from Lelit Bianca V3

Not sure I follow or agree with that. I'm still not certain what you mean by contemporary espresso. Your review is actually one that made me go for the Micra. I actually considered waiting for the upcoming Bengle. But the heard the jingle "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...." I've found upgrading from VST medium flow
by Stanzi1aticlouddotcom
40 minutes ago
Replies: 66
Views: 26265

Most reliable brand of espresso machines?

With regard to the use of "exotic woods" on a Tamper's handle: There are a LOT of other choices other than using wood that likely is coming from out of our Rain Forest. I do hope I'm not going off topic & within the Home Barista's guidelines. But the
by drgary
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 32
Views: 388

Moka pot question about the amount of coffee in the filter basket

FWIW just user experience here. I have 3 and 6 cup Bialetti moka pots that both work well for me. I put a paper filter on the bottom of the shower screen/top of the coffee bed (not inside, where it can get sucked into the funnel). This makes a cleaner cup. I always stop the brew by dipping the base
by buckersss
1 hour ago
Replies: 3
Views: 124

Have owned a La Pavoni Professional for over a year... need decent grinder.

It's above your budget but I'd say splurge for a pietro
by finermac
1 hour ago
Forum: Buy/Sell
Views: 871

[FS] Genesis Basecamp System accessories

Selling my "Genesis Basecamp System" accessories. I occasionally used the pot to fetch tap water to my coffee machine when I tired of using my Indian kettle. The rest of the time they are put aside. The adapter connect a 20 lb propane tank to a Jetboil stove. New is $190 Asking $90 shipped conus OBO If you have any