Recent Posts

by DavidGinNYC, 8 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 7 Views: 52

Have I killed my Cremina?

I'll take you up on that for sure! Message me so we don't fill this thread with delicous food suggestions?
by DavidGinNYC, 9 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods

Thanks Barista Boy - I have a multi-meter but right now its in my camper van 70 miles away. I will have to get it and test the components as you suggested. And thanks for the good reminder - unplugged! CIV, thanks for the detailed response. I meant to say I would replace the element - definitely not the boiler....
by _Ryan_, 13 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 25 Views: 1102

1Zpresso J-Max Grinder Compared to Niche Zero?

Particle distribution in a review {video}
by cmin, 14 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 12 Views: 1228

Synesso for Home

Almost November and not even a fractional piece of info lol, let alone was teased initially almost a year ago now.
by DaveB, 21 minutes ago in Tips and Techniques
Replies: 84 Views: 7667

Major Bellman stovetop steamer breakthrough!

Good timing on the thread getting bumped the other day. I haven't used the Bellman in quite a while, and skimmed over the entire thread again to refresh. Then this morning woke up to a power outage... Filled the Bellman half way to the handle with water, leaving the steam valve open. Let it hiss for a minute or so,...
by BaristaBoy E61, 23 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 30

Izzo Leva parts

Try contacting Chris' Coffee Service. {link}
by Jeff, 26 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 52 Views: 3583

Tiny motors on new grinders?

"Certification"? Isn't the nameplate current and power supposed to be the maximum drawn during operation? (That aside, measuring input power doesn't seem vary useful. It's like measuring gasoline consumption to determine a car's acceleration or top speed.)
by Roasty, 29 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 12 Views: 1228

Synesso for Home

Anyone know any updates? I'm highly intrigued . . .
by BaristaBoy E61, 31 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods

If you own a Digital Multi Meter, are handy and work with the machine unplugged it should be easy to trouble shoot your machine by measuring the continuity of the heating element with 1-lead unplugged, the resettable safety thermostatic breaker and a thermostatic temperature fuse if there is one. One of these items will likely be found to be defective;...
by buckersss, 33 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 52 Views: 3583

Tiny motors on new grinders?

thats not true. most manufacturers would like to certify their products at peak draw/consumption because it looks better on a spec sheet for less money. on this thread: "Repository of electrical measurements from grinders" BaristaBoy E61 helped show that the K30 meets its advertised power certification and likely exceeds it in real world operation.