Recent posts

by malling
5 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 206
Views: 26429

Pietro by Fiorenzato - vertical flat-burr manual grinders

Ek the outer is the spinning not the inner and you tend to get accumulation there and in the pre breaker chamber. When the inner is spinning there will get grinds behind, just as grinds always find its way underneath the lower spinning carrier on a horizontal mounting grinder. How fine surely depends how fine you grind I
by jkoll42
8 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 1
Views: 87

Pain points in the life of a roaster/specialty coffee enjoyer

Roasting in the winter. It really sucks standing in the freezing windy cold in the dark at the edge of the garage. Luckily it was a fairly mild winter but man is that not fun
Advertisement
by jpender
9 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 16
Views: 219

Moka pot question about the amount of coffee in the filter basket

It's always interesting to hear what Lucio has to say on the subject of moka pots. One other thing about reducing the dose is that you'll either have a weaker, waterier coffee or by filling the bottom with less water you'll change the brew profile (time and temperature). That's not to say it won't work. The standard advice
by Jake_G
11 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 2
Views: 18

Brasilia club - boiler keep pushing out gasket

Or maybe the boiler is completely full and the safety valve is stuck?
by jkoll42
12 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 1
Views: 37

Puck Screens Too Small for Straight-Wall Basket?

Keep in mind that those holes may not be channeling holes during extraction. Are you seeing blonding around the edges of the basket when you are pulling a shot? When you end the shot you violently release pressure backwards so I've never found any real use in looking at post pull puck for diagnosis with the exception of if
by Jeff
27 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 5
Views: 80

Help me figure out this model Astoria Argenta - AEP/2N

The pressurestat you are adjusting is to set the steam boiler. Somewhere around 1-1.5 bar is typical. HX machines need a flush routine to manage brew temperature. See, for example, "HX Love - Managing the Brew Temperature" I would give the machine at least 45 minutes or even an hour to warm up. Just because the boiler is at
by Grande
59 minutes ago
Replies: 0
Views: 13

Lelit Bianca sudden event and issue

Pulled a shot and steamed milk for a latte. All functioned fine and results were perfect. Steam pressure good. Grouphead pressure good at the gauge. Boiler temp. good. Minutes later while making 2nd Latte, grouphead pressure dropped amid pull, steam pressure dropped and steam and water filled the drip tray under pressure through the little spout (I don't know
by NelisB
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 127
Views: 9774

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

{image}
by JRising
1 hour ago
Replies: 2
Views: 18

Brasilia club - boiler keep pushing out gasket

Sounds like the boiler's probably warped. Un-even tension on the screws is allowing it to separate enough for the gasket to herniate. I would assume it's not worth fixing, but if you can find a perfect condition boiler, it's your call
by bznelson91
1 hour ago
Forum: Coffee Brewing
Replies: 8
Views: 269

Filter 2.1 brewing (Decent DE1)

The basket used with the V60 is for "Filter 1.x" and Scott Rao largely moved on to the 2.x style because of inconsistency. There's a YouTube or other video of Rao himself doing a Filter 2.1 brew, I'll see if I can find it. Give it a try, though! The description on the DE1 guides you as to what