Recent Posts

by homeburrero, less than a minute ago in Water
Replies: 15 Views: 497

RPavlis water bland?

Yes. I use that because it has healthy alkalinity with some minerals similar to what you would get in a soft natural water. Works for my taste (or lack of taste?) - - I can't say that it's any better than plain rpavlis
by yahyoh, 1 minute ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1635 Views: 146640

Lelit Bianca User Experience

Hey guys, I was back flushing and cleaning & lubing my Bianca today, after doing the lever cam, moved to flow control. Upon removing it. i noticed some green stuff on the sides and the threads and some white stuff on the "jet" i think its called? {link} {link}
by nick_111, 2 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1635 Views: 146640

Lelit Bianca User Experience

Oftentimes as I gradually open the paddle in order to reach peak pressure (after manual preinfusion), the needle (showing the pressure at the grouphead) can momentarily stop moving to the right, i.e., pressure at the grouphead momentarily stops increasing (the stop is very short - instantaneous). I was wondering if anybody knows why this is happening, e.g., what happens to
by cafeIKE, 5 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 12 Views: 212

Izzo Alex HX - Pump Runs Constantly

Is that from an open group? It could be a thermosyphon block or leakage from the group. You may want to keep a blind basket in the portafilter. Water should then flow almost immediately. After a shot, insert pf w blind basket, but don't fully lock, start pump & wiggle the handle the handle a couple
by regold, 6 minutes ago in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 0 Views: 2

La Marzocco GS3, another way of assembling the SMA vacuum breaker

Hi I have now decided to retrofit the new SMA valve. However, I don't want to screw it directly into the boiler because I don't want to accidentally damage the female thread of the boiler. That's why I disassembled the old valve and used the first tube to fix the new SMA valve in it. Obviously, the heat at that
by K9drivr, 7 minutes ago in Water
Replies: 15 Views: 497

RPavlis water bland?

Are you still using your simple mix of about 0.2 mmol/L each of calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, and potassium bicarbonate (CaCO3 equivalents of 20 mg/L calcium hardness, 40 mg/L total hardness, and 50 mg/L alkalinity)? Any take away after all this time?
by henri, 8 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 7 Views: 252

What do you love and hate about your espresso machine?

Two hates:
  • The drip tray of many an espresso machine - usually made of stainless steel - has very sharp corners. When I got my ECM Casa V, I cut myself about 20 times before I learned to handle the tray more carefully when cleaning. It's all the more annoying if you take the drip tray to the sink to
  • by homeburrero, 9 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
    Replies: 5 Views: 151

Would it be possible to install a resin filter inside (to the inlet) of the Profitec Pro 600/700 water reservoir?

When a conventional softener is new or after a recharge the water may taste salty, and if it does you probably have a lot of chloride in the water, which is not good for espresso machines. Always flush a new or recharged conventional softener. Some say to flush until it no longer tastes salty. You really want
    by zix, 17 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
    Replies: 2 Views: 109

The Little Guy (was: Otto) user experience

Enjoyed it Gaah for that golf club puck disruptor swing to the portafilter though I also wonder: if the coffee receptor/bowl gets that hot, why not put it on just before coffee is running through? That should let some more of the crema stay
    by swosanity, 20 minutes ago in Buying Advice
    Replies: 2 Views: 154

So I want an Olympia Cremina and paired grinder

Thanks so much for the reply. I will look into your recommendations. Also I am heading your way this afternoon. Flagler Palm Coast High school has a wrestling tournament starting today