Recent Posts

by randyh, 6 minutes ago in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 0

[WTB] DF64 with SSP MP

Looking for a DF64 only with SSP MP burrs, black color preferred but any neutral color will do. I'm in the Los Angeles area and willing to drive 1hr or so if you're local
by brokenlungs, 19 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 8 Views: 283

Best Smart Plug?

I use a Kasa plug. Found it thrifting works great going on 2 years
by brokenlungs, 21 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 6 Views: 210

New Grinder for my La Marzocco Linea Mini

Went from a niche to a downgrade of the mahlkonig x54 and I missed the single dose but liked the flavors of flat burrs. Went with a Ceado E37SD and am very very happy
by brokenlungs, 23 minutes ago in Buying Advice
Replies: 40 Views: 1968

Convince me NOT to buy a La Marzocco Linea Mini

I started with a europiccola, then went to a rocket apartmento, then got my mini and it's what I wanted when I first wanted to take coffee out of the work place and to my home. I haven't looked back or at any other machines since I got it. I have a quick mill anita as a back up if
by stahlee, 47 minutes ago in Buy/Sell
Replies: 0 Views: 48

[FS] Mahlkonig K30 Vario Grinder

Selling my Mahlkonig K30 Vario Grinder that I purchased from Chris' Coffee in early 2015. This was my go to espresso grinder for several years, but now I have too many and need to sell a few. As you can see in the photos it's immaculate. No dents, dings or scratches. Only used here in my home for 1 or
by drH, Today, 9:22 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 7 Views: 205

Lever Espresso Machine Recommendations

I have a Cremina and it never disappoints me. You have to be ready to do the temperature management if you make multiple drinks (which will be easier than on a Pavoni, probably harder than on a Ponte Vecchio). If a 58mm basket makes that much of a difference to you, I feel like the Londinium Vectis, although a
by jpender, Today, 9:13 pm in Coffees
Replies: 319 Views: 25615

The hunt for best Italian roasted coffee beans

The "rule of fifteens" states that green coffee should be used within 15 months of harvest, roasted beans should be used within 15 days of roasting, and ground coffee should be used within 15 minutes of grinding. Sure, but they go through a whole bag in a short period of time so there's no time for the coffee to
by baldheadracing, Today, 9:02 pm in Buying Advice
Replies: 7 Views: 205

Lever Espresso Machine Recommendations

I agree with you that one would want to avoid an exposed boiler with children ... and not to discourage you even more, but I would wonder about having a spring lever with children around (and their friends). Except for a very few machines that are way outside of consideration, an unloaded spring lever can literally break a jawbone if
by Nunas, Today, 8:17 pm in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 35 Views: 326

Rocket Appartamento not heating

The new one is cycling faster because as the P-stats wear, the dead band increases. A new P-stat will be "tight", but, as you suspect, over time, it will wear and the dead band will widen