Recent Posts

by MCal2003, 1 minute ago in Grinders
Replies: 21 Views: 654

Anyone use doser grinders for home use?

A few years using a Mazzer Mini. Then almost couple decades of using a Macap M7 until a few days ago. Single dose using a diy single dose hopper and popcorn reducer. With the fingerguard removed using a brush and thwacking the doser lever while grinding most of the coffee in the chute is emptied into the doser. Using
by BaristaBoy E61, 13 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 3308 Views: 511382

Lever Espresso Machine Gallery

Beautiful machine. Your Mom's amazing - and strong too!
by spressomon, 49 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 339 Views: 31109

Arco by goat story

Have you communicated the lack of grind setting accuracy/consistency to Goat Story?
by ziptie, 51 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4318 Views: 327901

Cafelat Robot User Experience

Mobile Suit Gundam MechWarrior Scissor Jack The Abomination
by Kran, 52 minutes ago in Grinders
Replies: 1 Views: 45

Mythos burrs in Eureka Drogheria MCD4 85mm

I never had this issue. I was able to align the 75mm mythos burrs in the MCD4 85 using the marker wipe method and always calibrated the "0" to the point of burr chirp. You may want to see if you have full movement with stock burrs and then try the 75's again
by mkane, 52 minutes ago in Coffee Roasting
Replies: 7 Views: 218

Crown Jewel Decaf Ethiopia Organic Oromia Natural SW Process

Time up. What's the verdict?
by erik82, 53 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 16 Views: 504

Brewing times with large flat burr grinder

Those cafec light roasts filters have a very and mean very high resistance not being able to get brew times onder 4:00-4:30min. The older ones where better in my eyes but the current ones just have way too long drawdown times and I stopped usng them. I went back to normal V60 filters and got much better results and
by LuckyMark, Today, 8:30 am in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 4318 Views: 327901

Cafelat Robot User Experience

Gigantor?
by JRising, Today, 8:23 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1 Views: 18

Buzzing solenoid

Check the voltage on it while it's live. If it's buzzing while it has 90% or more of its needed voltage, then it's either really dirty inside or the spring is broken. If it doesn't have sufficient voltage, find the voltage issue in the machine, bad switch, bad wire connections, etc
by musica, Today, 8:21 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 36 Views: 343

Rocket Appartamento not heating

The machine has been running for two days without a hiccup, so it seems swapping out the P-stat did the trick. Thank you all. Now I'd like to find a way to replace the faulty relay on the old Control Board so I have a spare, and I might take up JRising's suggestion and put in an SSR...