Recent posts

by Greg_R
3 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 22
Views: 802

Highest chance of success - roasters

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts and experience. I have access to some decent local roasters and they charge $15-$20 for a 12oz bag. Given the wide range of comments, I think I'll start with a cheap option (I already own a heat gun) and see where that gets me
by tomy2
17 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 93
Views: 11919

Option-O 98mm Mizen Burrs - User Experience

I have an order in for an O1 with 102mm but with the delays I'm considering switching to the 98mm mizen. Has anybody here had a chance to experience the 102 and 98mm for espresso?
Advertisement
by jasiano
21 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 2
Views: 61

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

what is a good leveling tamper for $50? you are referring to ones with the lip and a 'spring' mechanism? Yeah there are cheaper ones especially on amazon etc but I find they are lightweight and trying to tamp hard enough is painful. a nice heavy 'conventional' tamper, per the post above, is enjoyable to use and only takes
by baldheadracing
36 minutes ago

- Chris Baca, on the Dialed Tamper #hks
by nemesiss45
47 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4
Views: 75

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

Well, I pulled the check valve and opened it up. Looked pretty clean, but I cleaned up the little bit of scale in it put a little molykote on the o rings and reassembled it. I wanted to see if it was leaking, so I installed it backward and only to the inlet side, the. Turned the water on. Not
by joshlee
48 minutes ago
Replies: 454
Views: 47149

Option-O Lagom 01 Discussion

Yes
by Jaroslav
53 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 273
Views: 20600

La Marzocco Linea Mini R

He didn't get something different, base frame is black
by baldheadracing
57 minutes ago
Forum: Knockbox
Replies: 3
Views: 124

The genetic history of modern coffee cultivars

A pretty reasonable summary article has been published at phys.org if you're like me and found the original article a bit of a slog with all the genetics terminology. {link} I think that this article better conveys what a potential breakthrough this research may be
by drgary
1 hour ago
Replies: 3
Views: 399

Making the last Pharos [VIDEO]

No Josh. This last unit was headed to a collector (not me). The Pharos was the first hand grinder they invented, and I had a version 1, serial 225. It was a breakthrough in grind quality for the cost way back when the one to beat in Jim Schulman's Titan Grinder Project review was the Mazzer Robur, at very
by prahmanan
1 hour ago

I've only picked up this hobby about 5 years ago so maybe I'm missing something but who's buying $175 conventional tampers when you can get really good leveling tampers for under $50. Is it like driving a manual car? It's more enjoyable if you're good at tamping straight?