Recent posts

by JRising
4 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 4

Gaggia Classic - no water flow when HOT

Does the pump sound like it's still running when there's no flow? Or does the pump stall (Go very quiet)? Does the flow go over the expansion valve and back to reservoir, or does nothing flow anywhere? If you turn the pump switch on first (so that the sound of the pump starting doesn't hide the sound of the brew
by Junior
6 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 49
Views: 1778

ACS waiting times

Congratulations! I assume you've already made your choices on the machine options itself and this is directed at DHL/customs. I am by no means an expert. But, two things helped with the process on my machine. Get DHL's text/email notification of status changes. And, when that status indicates anything other than smooth processing through customs, call or email DHL
Advertisement
by ccm73uk
9 minutes ago
Replies: 1
Views: 4

Gaggia Classic - no water flow when HOT

Hi Guys, I'm after some expert help. I have an old Gaggia Classic which has eventually succumbed over years of use. I have recently completely stripped her down, (this is the second time now), and cleaned her up, boiler, grouphead, solenoid, opv etc. I ended up replacing the solenoid, thermostats, o rings and seal as per online videos and all
by dbillett
26 minutes ago
Replies: 16
Views: 350

Enrico CE-12 Restoration

If you haven't already found parts for the Enrico CE-12 or CE-14, check here: {link}
by BAEvans
28 minutes ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 12

Linea Mini solenoid issue

My 5 year old mini started failing to deliver water recently. Checked and solenoid cleaned by a service business. Unfortunately the problem continued. It turns out if the machine has been on for more than an hour or more - on throwing the switch no click and no water. If I turn it off and let it cool down
by bobkat
36 minutes ago
Replies: 8
Views: 124

Arthritis and the Argos boiler cap

To the OP....have you checked out jar and bottle openers? I found some offered on Amazon that might solve your problem
by Beattle222
43 minutes ago
Replies: 0
Views: 8

Help with installing PID on Faema Family

Hi all, I recently purchased a PID Control Retrofit KIT for Rancilio Silvia from Auber. This kit will work on my Faema Family but I'm having difficulty determining where to connect the Auber power supply (VIA SSR). I have been unable to locate a Faema Family wiring schematic. The Faema power button has 4 connections.
by EddyQ
46 minutes ago
Replies: 8
Views: 124

Arthritis and the Argos boiler cap

This type pliers may work as well. {link}
by H2c4
46 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 58
Views: 2770

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

I would disagree with you when it comes to kafatek's customer service. One example, If you look at the recent post on the kafatek forum, Denis pretty much refunded the person right away who had trouble with their outlet. Denis pretty much stands by his product. From my personal experience he was fast to respond to my email and provided
by Pigeontree
54 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 4
Views: 63

Weber key issue

I can barely even see what you're talking about in either video, definitely not cause for concern. If you take a magnifying glass to ANYTHING, you will find "flaws". I just tested mine, didn't add beans so couldn't see if the ring raises at all when grinding, but when adjusting the grind size back and forth the feeder ring