Recent Posts

by twjacobsen, 11 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 26

Mara x : second shot clogging up!

I'm pretty new to the game of prosumer espresso, and have only had my MaraX for ~2 months, but from what I read the order should be almost opposite if you want most consistent temperature and most steam power (while in "X Mode", of course). My process is: 1. Pull shot 2. Clean portafilter, group, while pressure builds to ~1.5...
by Jeff, 14 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 614 Views: 74797

Lelit MaraX

Discussion of this: "Mara x : second shot clogging up!"
by Eiern, 15 minutes ago in Coffee Brewing
Replies: 28 Views: 2180

SSP 98mm "Brewing" Burrs

I too have found out that I don't dial in pourovers by drawdown times with these burrs, it doesn't change that much. A few beans do though, I've had some beans (especially a few naturals) that are slower and kind of find them hard to brew as I don't like the taste of going much more coarser on the dial...
by Jeff, 21 minutes ago in Espresso Machines
Replies: 1 Views: 53

Espresso quality machines you know

Those thick shots are more likely due to the coffee than the machine. Classic blends tend to be thicker in body than third-wave blends. As a secondary effect, some modern, flat-burr grinders (a handful generally above $2,000 and generally with SSP burrs) tend to have less body than conical or classic flat grinders.
by renatoa, 54 minutes ago in Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 557 Views: 46922

Odyssey Espresso (Argos Lever prototype)

Found mine in spam folder, please check yours...
by Marcelnl, Today, 3:09 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 22 Views: 446

Help! Lower Burr Carrier Bolt Removal on Rio Super Automatic (aka Mazzer Major)

the lower burr carrier is not that difficult to remove, just screw in three longer bolts after removing the lower burr and turn each bolt at a time to ease the lower carrier (seem to recall Paul Pratt mentioned this in an old post I read a while back).
by orbarya, Today, 2:45 am in Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 6 Views: 144

Rocket Giotto Premium Plus - Very long time before water comes out of grouphead

Hello again, Sorry to revive this old topic but I still need help as I didn't order any parts yet. I'm thinking of ordering from chriscoffee.com the following items: 1. E61 GROUP PRE INFUSION VALVE 2. E61 GROUP BREW LEVER VALVE 3. E61 GROUP DRAIN VALVE 4. E61 GROUP SPRING KIT looks like it contains all the springs related to...
by twjacobsen, Today, 2:20 am in Espresso Machines
Replies: 614 Views: 74797

Lelit MaraX

Reply moved to other thread
by Makanmata, Today, 2:12 am in Buying Advice
Replies: 9 Views: 653

Decent DE1XL or DE1XXL? Or Synesso Home?

Of course, this is correct. We had a bit of a misunderstanding and this posting led to further discussions which cleared things up. This won't work so I put the order on hold while I decide whether to either replace my S1 with the XXL and take. over its electric connection, or instead order the XL and plug it into...