Recent posts

by ziggomatic
9 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 3
Views: 201

Extracamundo! Temperature adjustments?

It's quite interesting I have noticed the past couple months trying out different burr sets require different temps to reach optimal balance/sweetness points with the same coffees. Therefore I guess there isn't really a temp that I should be targeting with this profile after all with these differences
by ziggomatic
15 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 141
Views: 10925

Blueberry (or any berry) bomb coffee recommendations?

I finally got some good flavors from the Wush Wush Natural after about 4 weeks of resting, I did like it so i'm interested in ordering again in the future and hopefully will get the newer "fruitier" batch
Advertisement
by pumpkinscastle
24 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 23
Views: 830

Differences between Ww core 80mm and Ssp 83mm HU in espresso

Funny how I would have agreed with you just a while ago, but my taste preferences have changed completely. To me, the Ultra burrs are the only way for me to make certain (light roast and/or fruity) coffees useful with milk. When ground with bimodal conicals, they were always funky tasting as cappuccinos, but now I have access to these
by Earthy
26 minutes ago
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 299
Views: 13796

Canadian Roaster Recommendations

I know it goes against popular taste preferences, but does anyone know of any good old-fashioned blends with a touch of robusta that can be found in Canada? There are a few roasters in the US that do this, are there any Canadian roasters ? I can always buy a 1kg bag from Italy, but I'd like to try something
by pumpkinscastle
31 minutes ago
Replies: 57
Views: 2712

Weber EG-1 noises on fine grind settings

I was able to work out my alignment issues via video call with Weber. Also, my grinder had a defective rocker switch (apparently, some EG-1s are affected) that would sporadically not turn the grinder on when actuated. They offered to have the grinder shipped to Colorado to put in the new switch. I opted to do the repair myself as
by bmikeee
33 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 48
Views: 1747

ACS waiting times

Any tips would be appreciated. I am about to place my order on a Leva 2 today
by primacoffee
40 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 0
Views: 23

Specialty Coffee Expo 2024 Show Highlights

This year's SCA Expo was one for the books! The atmosphere was spirited, pulsating with an energy that we haven't felt in years. There was so much to see and do, and now you can be a part of the action, too! Check out our show highlights, plus tons of in-depth interviews with manufacturers like Mx. Cool, Mazzer, Odyssey
by RapidCoffee
42 minutes ago
Forum: Marketplace
Replies: 1841
Views: 238628

Decent Espresso news

The Atomax Skale is not manufactured (nor sold) by Decent, but it has the longest/strongest bluetooth support for the DE1 app. The Decent website currently offers the Simple Scale (no BT) and the Decent Scale (BT). Perhaps Sofronio's device will allow Decent to market a new BT scale in a reasonable time frame
by Jeff
45 minutes ago
Replies: 10
Views: 466

Shot inconsistencies with SSP Cast LS

Wipe only tests at chirp. If, for example, the collar threads are not coaxial then rotating the collar will change if the burrs are parallel or not. This is not hypothetical. One grinder I'm aware of was measured at something like 150 um off at 1/2 turn from chirp. It was "well aligned" at chirp, but unable to grind suitably