Recent posts

by prahmanan
27 minutes ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 0
Views: 15

Who's still buying conventional tampers?

I've only picked up this hobby about 5 years ago so maybe I'm missing something but who's buying $175 conventional tampers when you can get really good leveling tampers for under $50. Is it like driving a manual car? It's more enjoyable if you're good at tamping straight?
by estaro
32 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 12

How to use vintage faema President 1958

Please let me know if you know more. What are the two knobs on the water level gauge on the right used for? {image}
Advertisement
by nemesiss45
45 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 3
Views: 68

Has my brew pressure gauge lost its mind?

Ok, I checked it out tonight... pulled the gauge, opened and inspected it. Super clean. And reassembled, setting the needle at 0 to start. The other gauge I had did not have a matching thread, so I skipped it for now... but I think this gauge is probably at least functioning correctly... so then I plumbed it back in and
by drgary
52 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Views: 60

Iroast 2

OK. I searched the difference between the 40011 and the 40010 and found these links of detailed info. The iRoast 2 40010 has 2 selectable roast levels. The 40011 has several pre-programmed roast levels. Here are the links that will give you detailed specs. One makes you sign up or view ads to see it online. {link} Yes
by baldheadracing
1 hour ago

Iroast 2

I think that the 40011 had programmable profiles and the 40010 did not. My collection of iRoasts are packed up for a move so I can't check
by Joola
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 272
Views: 20582

La Marzocco Linea Mini R

Wow that's crazy you got something different than all of the photos on their website and every other Mini R I've seen photos of online so far. I hope mine will have a white base when it comes next month
by Jeff
1 hour ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 29
Views: 252

Domobar Jr Hx Temperatures

Ike's approach works for Ike's selections of coffee and expectations from that coffee. If you have different coffees or expectations, you may need something a bit more controlled. 20-30 seconds might be appropriate for a "dragon", but shorter flushes are generally more appropriate. I typically would flush to just below my target pulling temperature on the EricS' thermometer, then
by drgary
Yesterday, 11:59 pm

Iroast 2

Maybe someone will know. But are you really asking which parts to swap into which iRoast?
by Earthy
Yesterday, 11:22 pm
Forum: Coffees
Replies: 305
Views: 13972

Canadian Roaster Recommendations

Thanks Chris. I reread his posts about the Brulerie offerings and he generally wasn't impressed, least of all by the robusta blend. I hadn't heard of Manic, probably worth a try. I know you like Zab (as do I), but their Joyeux Roger didn't do it for me, even though its their biggest seller. I may also go back and
by jbviau
Yesterday, 11:12 pm
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 2
Views: 370

Making the last Pharos [VIDEO]

I think the Pharos is the only grinder of theirs that I never owned, but I still watched every second of this. Damned if it didn't feel like a goodbye of sorts (hope not). Wonderful people...hammer technique and all. And this last one is still in stock on their site?! Someone needs to grab it