Recent posts

by wildtigg3r
less than a minute ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 0

Faema Faemina - User Experiences

To current/past Faema Faemina owners, I'm interested in the Faema Faemina espresso machine, however, I don't see a lot of reviews about it (eg, internet, youtube). Was hoping if any current and/or past owners can chime in on their experience with the machine. The good, bad, and ugly. Thank you in advance
by Mike48123
1 minute ago
Forum: Espresso Machines
Replies: 0
Views: 0

GS3 Pre-Heater Element Question

I've made the determination that I need to replace my steam boiler heating element. I've tested it out and it's out of spec. Going through the parts manual, I saw that there's a third element that's the "Preheat Element", part number T.1.046. I feel like I'm missing something here. How is this element used if
Advertisement
by EddyQ
1 minute ago
Forum: Buying Advice
Replies: 14
Views: 341

Got a new style Marzocco single basket - should I replace?

I watched your video Jim and duplicated the results. It required several tamps with some sweeping of grinds off the basket shoulders in between. As said, it wasn't pretty. But it worked just fine!! I pulled shots all last week this way without a funnel. The single basket seems to be very forgiving. However
by Blernsball
2 minutes ago
Forum: Lever Espresso Machines
Replies: 22
Views: 591

1959 Faema Urania Three Group Hydraulic with Hotel Group

You probably have one, but just in case... I've found a manual impact driver to be invaluable in removing stuck fasteners. It does the job nicely when you want something a little more delicate then a powered impact driver but need more umph then you can get by turning by hand alone
by another_jim
10 minutes ago
Replies: 14
Views: 341

Got a new style Marzocco single basket - should I replace?

That's way prettier than my single prep
by tigerstripe
22 minutes ago
Forum: Coffee Roasting
Replies: 30
Views: 3511

Kaleido Sniper M1 sample roaster video

To follow up my own post, for anyone looking for a Kaleido, I highly recommend dealing with Barrett from espressooutlet.com They are the only authorized US distributor and I can tell you that he is upstanding and goes above and beyond for his customers. Good man. I think I got a 1 in a 1000 lemon and most
by sfainbraun
36 minutes ago
Forum: Grinders
Replies: 1
Views: 132

DF83v first impressions and problems

I dont have these issues with mine. I have changed two SSP Burr sets and it has retained the zero between the two burr sets. Only stall happened when grinding too fine at 300 rpm. I also find that depending on the burr set, there is a zero point and a practical zero. At 4 I can get it to
by neal
37 minutes ago
Forum: Repairs, Restorations & Mods
Replies: 4
Views: 134

La Marzocco GS3 MP & Home App Issue

I could not figure out how to start a new topic on Home-barista - so I'm trying this... I recently upgraded to La Marzocco Home app v 3.10 (without a back-up of the old version). It does absolutely NOTHING on my iPad. The screen flashes and the icon shows in the toolbar - but no screen. An older version worked
by EddyQ
45 minutes ago
Forum: Tips and Techniques
Replies: 12
Views: 233

7g VST/LM Single Shot Basket Tips

The past week or so I started pulling single shots with a LM F3.029 basket (same as VST 7gr). I originally got soggy baskets til I realized I wasn't waiting long enough before removing the portafilter. The flow through the single shot basket is basically half that of a traditional 18gr basket. So when we end the
by Maineiac64
57 minutes ago
Replies: 11
Views: 408

Upgrading to a temperature stable espresso machine that can go back-to-back seamlessly.

Agree, this is great option, very stable